1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

March (Trap and Field Magazine)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Has anyone received their magazine this month?

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Mine showed up yesterday.

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

A friend got his 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten mine yet. We're both in NJ

Ed Yanchok

5. 1881home

1881home TS Member

I wrote to the editor about this very thing, late delivery. I would encourage everyone to write to them and voice displeasure. Thats the only way that there is a chance of getting the problem corrected.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Thursday (3/6) Delaware

Curt

7. Badkarma

Badkarma TS Member

Got mine last Thursday in Ontario Canada.

8. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What a snide remark.....yes they do have deadlines....grow up.

9. Wentez

Wentez Member

Do not dismiss the possibility that the US Post Office may be a factor in when you get your copy.

Geo

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Got mine about two weeks ago here in Arizona, seems to be getting a little thinner ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

Nothing here in Phoenix yet. Trevor Dawe.

12. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

I had a delivery problem eith the magazine about two years ago. I was receiving
    it as late as the last week of the month. I went to the post office with a copy
    of the magazine. The customer service manager told me that magazines go through a bulk mail center, causing the delays. He scanned a bar code on the
    magazine and e-mailed it to the bulk mail center. Since then, I get the magazine the first week of the month. Hope this helps.

13. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once complained to the Post Office about the late delivery..I was told the carriers can hold up on the magazine deliveries if their load is extreme. I explained that people on the other end of town were getting the same magazine over a week ahead of my delivery, stronger carriers, I guess..they took down the information and since, I think I get one of the first deliveries of Trap & Field in the area. The squeakie wheel??

Big Jack

Haven't seen March Issue, yet. Now that you mention it.

14. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

nothing yet in Charlotte,NC...........just got my average book last week...........

15. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

its the Post office, the carrier to be more precise...lol like the previous poster said... if the carrier has too much bulk mail and not enough room for the regular mail, he can wait till the next day or so to deliver it...

16. white rattler

white rattler Member

I got mine in Mondays mail. Trevor Dawe in Phoenix.

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mine came yesterday. There are two great articles in it this month: one by Frank Hoppe and the other by Phil Kiner. Both are timely.

18. gordy h

gordy h Member

Nothing yet, in Wi. but never got Dec. until Jan. Butch H

19. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Please allow me to clarify much of the garble that has been posted about the Postal Service, and its policies governing the delivery of publications such as Trap & Field.

I have been employed by the U.S Postal Service for better than 20 years, with all of them having been served in delivery - as a carrier. Many of you experts know me as "mailman"................

I've never had any other job in my entire life that is so well "understood" and known by the public, as the one I have. It seems that EVERYONE knows more about my job than I do, from supervision right down to John & Mary Public.

First of all : The Postal Service is a psuedo-government organization, independent from any forms of tax subsidy. While the stamps and assorted mailing supplies you purchase contribute to its revenue, please do not think or let anyone tell you that your "taxes" pay for anything related to its existance, OR my wages.

Secondly : As an entity of the Federal government, we are governed by the same idiotic principles and GREAT IDEAS that seem to plague every organization or department under its umbrella. Employees of the Postal Service follow the "we the willing - lead by the unknowing" adage.........

Thirdly : Postal managers are rewarded under a merit system, driven by "making numbers". These numbers may be anything from work-hour totals, to sick leave usage by employees, to safety quotas, to ...........whatever. Everything comes down to how well their subordinates perform, from craft employees to lesser-grade managers. This pay-for-performance system leads to a very "cut-throat" mentality by managers at every level of the operation. Because of this attitude, delivery to the American home is often compromised.

AND -- since we all know what "rolls downhill", the mail carrier is often made the scapegoat by these bonus-hungry imbeciles.

Routes are mal-adjusted by withholding the normal mail volume, which allows management to eliminate established delivery routes or to add territory to those left in place. Carriers are left with over-burdened assignments, predicated on bogus route inspections -- with fractions of representative mail volumes "proving" the need for more work by less people.

However -- even with their lack of integrity and the crimes against decency that we are forced to deal with, it is the goal of the carrier to work with an "every piece ; every day" mantra. And since magazines such as your Trap & Field are mailed under the "periodicals" postage rate, there is NO provision for the carrier to delay its delivery. I repeat........magazines are NOT put to the side for delivery on a subsequent delivery day.

To anyone who has ever been told this by a Postal manager on the phone, let me tell you that he/she is the proverbial "lie-ing sack of sh!t". While we do have a 3-day window for the delivery of bulk-rate (junk) mailings, periodicals MUST go on the day that we receive them at our desk for sorting.

This is just their way of getting rid of a complaint call, as quickly and painlessly to themselves as possible. And once you hang up, who is the worse- for-the-wear? They got you off their butt, and gave you someone ELSE to blame -- other than the REAL cause for the delay.

You see..........a mail carrier can ONLY deliver the mail that is presented to his / her desk for sorting. We have absolutely no control over the processing operation, or ability to correct the ills that plague it.

Let me show you an example of what I know to be true : Several tractor trailers of magazines arrive at a processing center from the publisher(s). Within the shipments, we have Time, U.S News and World Report, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, and Trap & Field. For our example, we will use hypothetical circulation numbers.

Let's say there are 80,000 issues of Time magazine ; 40,000 issues of U.S. News and World Report ; 40,000 issues of Newsweek ; 60,000 issues of Sports Illustrated, and 5,000 issues of Trap & Field. This is believable, for there are far fewer subscribers to Trap & Field than say....Time magazine.

Given these subscription numbers (although fabricated), which of these publications do you think is going to receive the most priority ? Which one(s) is/are going to be processed (first) for distribution to individual Post Offices for delivery to homes ? I assure you that it is NOT Trap & Field, even though their publication pays the same postage rate.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Trap & Field is a MONTHLY publication, versus the weekly editions of other magazines we used in our example. Monthlies will always be given less consideration, with respect to strict processing dates.

So -- we now have a monthly magazine with relatively low circulation numbers. It receives "back burner" status and treatment at the bulk processing center. It receives the same inferior handling at the destination office, where its circulation numbers have decreased EVEN further. After all -- just how many issues do you think an individual town or (even) city actually receive?

This all points to the situations I heard in earlier posts...... "I got mine last week". "I've not received my copy yet". "Got mine yesterday".......ETC.

But -- do not think or believe for one minute that your letter carrier had any hand in the delaying of your precious reading material. The next time you call your local Post Office and they hand you their typical line of crap that "the carrier put it aside for another day", I - and MANY other carriers - would appreciate your telling them that you know "the rest of the story".

20. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

not here yet and i live 12.8 miles from trap and field magazine. !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.