1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

March snow goose hunt information needed.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I'm talking to Up North Outfitters of Decorah IA. about a snow goose hunt in NW Missouri in March. Has anyone done any hunting with this outfitter, or have another outfitter I might contact? Recommendations and actual hunt experiences would really be helpful.Thanks.........

2. Joen

Joen Member

We have hunted with up North 3 time's they are a good outfitter, have had some very good days 50+ geese and some slow days 2-3 per field it is all about timing, as is every hunt. If I was going I would try very hard to get Tryg for the guide he is the best we have hunted with and has a very good dog for retrievals

3. wild gun one

wild gun one Member

Yes I have hunted with Up north go for the 3 or 4 day had 50+ bird days. hunted north of mound city. If I go back I would take 7 hunters and get are own fields and not mix with other hunters.

4. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

I hunted with these people about 5 years ago, my son came home on leave from Iraq to join me, we hunted in the mound city area, for for the 2 and half day hunt, with mixed hunters, and we had a great time, only problem was at that time we had to clean our own geese, we killed over 65 geese between the 2 of us. other than the cost, we would do it again in a second. they used final flight laydown blinds and had a good recorded calling machine, I do recomend this outfitter. you will have a great time.

5. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Flatland outfitter, kip Zarse is the guides name, very very good luck with them. Worst day with them was 35, best 2 day total was 266. Highly recommend these guys. I can get you his number if you are interested. $175 per day. Well worth it. And your stomach will hurt from laughing after 2 days. Ive shot anywhere from 7-11 boxes of shells in a 2 day hunt. The second afternoon you are afraid to pull the trigger!!!! They hunt in southren illinois and then move to sw iowa in late feb. 4000 decoys.

6. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here's a picture my son took on one of his hunts. Will post a few more when I can find them.

Bud

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i am from the mound city area and would be more than happy to talk to you about outfitters-- who you mention is very good -but as said above- timing and maybe having your own field sometimes makes for a better hunt-- i shoot w/ the local gamewarden from mound city and cud give you his phone # for his perspective--the conservation dept truely want hunters to succeed and also come back to the area!!! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

8. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Thanks everyone for your posts. Wally I will give you a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.