1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MARCH 22--BUFFALO GUN CLUB--JELLY BEAN "OPEN"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Primedust, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

MARCH 22--BUFFALO GUN CLUB--JELLY BEAN

Hey Wally,
    How many times can you shoot the event? I have forgotten. Which dentist did you say sponsored this shoot again? How many bean counters do you suppose will show up? See you there!

P.S. Just heard bean prices opened sharply higher today on the board of Trade with red beans 1 to 3 cents higher in heavy trading.... Those things are valuable, sure you want to just give 'um away?

2. Ertz

Ertz Member

I wish John F. was making his famous beans. They are the best I have ever eaten!!!!! What a great idea for a fun event. I am hoping for no disasters at work so I can make it out!!!

BTW, it was really great to see Rob Sikole do so well at the Jack pot shoot last weekend. Way to go Rob!!!!

3. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

It would be great but I just don't think so. Mark I know the beans are free but do you think we will be able to get them away from moira?

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

I figure if you coax her with a 16 oz. T-bone. WE can have Connie slip the jelly beans under her coat when you distract the dog, and sneak them outside. I will watch from across the room! Better wear your hockey shin gaurds and goalie gloves just in case. Good Luck. Go Ringers!

5. Ertz

Ertz Member

Woo hoo!!!!!!! If you haven't had John's beans you are in for a real treat!!!! I pity the person at the station down wind of me. :^)

Beans, Moira the wonder dog, Smitty, Koos, Connie, Lucky Stevens, Mr. Baker and the best set targets in the universe courtesy of Wally. How can it get any better? See you all on Saturday!!!!!

6. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey Ertz, Johns beans are the next best thing to Prudeau bay for gas production. If the Feds could tap into that market, John could find a way to make all round shot instead of almost "mostly round" shot. Watch out, he always samples the beans the night before. Watch the wind direction before signing up with John. The wrong post downwind could be heart wrenching and we don't have the defibulator yet! Best way to tell is to look and see if Moira's eyes are blood shot and her noise is buried in the sofa cushions. LOL

7. Ertz

Ertz Member

When shooting at over sized targets should I use a full choke or an IM? 7.5 or 8 shot? Shoot quicker or slower? How about my hold on the house? Maybe I could just throw some rocks at them?

Sorry, but I could not resist.....

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey guys, Careful on them Triple XXXL targets. We are right next to the airport. They have radar and may start to think that we are interfering with incoming planes and choppers on their screen. I don't have a pilots license. Perhaps we could get Bruce B. to charter those targets through their airspace for a few hours.

Ertz, Have you considered stinger missles with a shoulder launcher? You are aware that Wally keeps them in a hardened bunker arn't you. Aim for the trap throwing carosel and you will have 500 straight targets, one house and perhaps a few woodchucks. Good shooting. I'll watch from Targets parking lot. Sure to make a splash!

Wonder how you would figure the lewis on that shot? From the back or front with just one shot?

9. slk

slk TS Member

Looks like the weather man lied

10. Ertz

Ertz Member

It's Minnesota. If you don't like the weather then wait five minutes it will change. Even if you don't shoot it is worth it to come out and have some of John's beans.

11. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Temperatures to be between 26 and 34 degrees with light N. winds. No different than what we have been shooting in for 4 or 5 weeks now. Should be a great day of fun. I will be there and shooting. Luck just may strike. I am due. Birds show up well in bright white snow! Watch out, the dreaded wood chucks may be a little furious with the extra snow. Hope to see a bunch of fellow shooters there also.

HAPPY EASTER!
    Primedust

12. Ertz

Ertz Member

An alien sighting? You mean the Literalist is showing up? Good grief, hide the women and the sheep!!!! Uh, mabye I misunderstood........ It would be nice to see Denny show up. Heck, what else do you have to do this weekend Denny?

Those darn revenuers! I can stand them taking my white lightning, but when they start messing with John's beans it has reached a breaking point. They better not show up tomorrow or I will sick Connie on them!

13. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, that just tears it! You can mess with a guys gun and maybe his women, but to mess with the beans! Whoa, there is a point that just shouldn't be crossed!

Say them swat guys weren't wearing the bright yellow (peep) suits were they? I smell a dirty bunny some where!

Watch out, if we get them targets back they are liable to be switched to "Green friendly" targets. If the targets smell like cows and are kind of spongy and "mostly round" like Johns shot, it could be a dirty trick. That would be BIO targets and fertilizer too! Shoot from upwind only!

Is nothing sacred anymore? Happy Easter Lit! Rest of you too.

14. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

How deep is it over there today? I mean snow! How deep is the snow?

15. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

That was after a day of shoveling, right Wally? You're an eternal optimist!

16. Ertz

Ertz Member

What a fun event it was! John, thanks again for the special treat!

17. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

I've been seeing Bakers name on the board all winter. Don't remember him shooting that good before he lost that weight. When he shows up at the Iowa State Shoot I'm going to stuff him full of cheeseburgers and milk shakes. We play dirty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.