1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

maps to gun clubs on ATA website

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pivot 3, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pivot 3

Pivot 3 TS Member

Has anyone had any luck finding a gun club using the map provided by the web site. Most of these do not represent anything close to the real location of a gun club. I travel extensively and if these maps were accurate it would sure help.

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

I agree, wanted to find a club last week end the map was over 100 miles from the town it was in, I called to get the right directions.Butch H

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Try this website it might help I am hot sure but what do you have to lose other than the time it takes to look.

Bob Lawless

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ours is wrong, I have notified the ATA twice, still no change. Oh well, the above link works great!

5. oldlongshot

oldlongshot TS Member

What I have found is that the address for the club, is not actually the location, typically a P.O. Box. It looks like the ATA web site, has now added a longitude/latitude field. If you send an E-Mail to the ATA, they will update the address in the database.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My first search is that provided by Sir....ooops, Mr. Lawless ;-). And I suspect oldlongshot has the answer. When folks list an address for mail, it could well be way wrong for the shooting venue. That needs to be addressed in the info requested and provided....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What's a "map." Is that what they used before they invented GPS, which is what I use to find gun clubs.

8. oldlongshot

oldlongshot TS Member

I found a couple of clubs, where the mailing address is different than the actual club address, the club address, was not addressable in google maps (maps.google.com)

The club I was looking for had the Lat/Long also, when you go to the page, it actually brings up the map with the exact location of the clubhouse right at the bottom of the page.

http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=380025

I have a feeling that the clubs are going to have to re-submit the club location to make this more accurate.

9. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

There are at least two clubs that I have found to have the manager's HOME address listed as the club address. One of those was Millington, MD, which listed Juniot Webb's home address. The other is Southern Lancaster County, which lists Antique's home address. I'm sure that there are many others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.