1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Manager Wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by K80SS, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80SS

K80SS TS Member

The Kern County gun Club ( near Bakersfield,Ca.) Is looking for a full time Manager. For details contact Pres. Randy Asbil @ 661 331-9570 or VP. Dan Hoffman @ 661 978-5181. Visit our web site for directions.
    Roger Montgomery

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. glasman

glasman TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

KCGC

4. glasman

glasman TS Member

KCGC

5. glasman

glasman TS Member

KCGC

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Have only one individual to be responsible to. It's way to easy to have 500 bosses on your butt constantly about their pet issue.

Try for a base salary and a bonus for a yearly target count over their norm.

Get an unlisted phone number.

Have spare machines on hand and plenty of the most used parts.

Do not be responsible for setting event targets. Let club people take the heat.

HM

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

ok. You're a dickhead.

I'm with Ed. I've watched it done a couple times. It seems like it would be easy...but with the trap help you'd have to hire these days, personnel issues would eat up a HUGE amount of your time. At least that's what I've seen.

Otherwise...I'm all for the base salary plus a percentage. I'm even for paying outrageous compensation IF the individual is doing a helluva job. But only if.

Hope you feel better after the name calling.

jeff

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Oh, and hey, Zara...

I'm hoping to retire in four or five years myself....and that's what I want to do is manage (or at least work at) a club.

Gotta have something to do, and I can shoot my paycheck away.

So keep me posted on how it works out for you.

jeff

9. joshif

joshif TS Member

Say goodbye to your shooting. I won't call you any names but,talk to someone that's been there. Not shooters on this site.Shooters don't know.They just flap their gums.

10. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I sure hope KCGC will keep having their yearly 3 day pot shoots in March, We have a group of people in San Diego that look forward to going to it every year.

Jack

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You can sure kiss your shooting goodbye, unless you go to the club when it is closed, LOCK THE GATE BEHIND YOU, and shoot by yourself. Been there, done that.

You will have 500 kibitzers, including a board member with 2 or 3 years under his belt that knows it all. You must be the person in charge and learn how to graciously say "No, you cannot do that, I will not do that, Get Lost, and have a nice day!"

12. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

zarathrusta- If you happen to be around the mid-South in a couple of weeks or next May, I can arrange for you to spend several days with perhaps the former best and worst gun club manager our sport has ever had. You could learn much about how to manage and not manage a club from him. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail (phirel@AOL.com). The individual is controversial and I do not want to discuss him on this thread.

Also, Chuck (Middletown OH) will retire in 8 days and move to Silver Dollar. He has managed several clubs and he is great. If you could get to the Dixie Grand or Southern Grand, I could arrange for you to have a long conversation with him.

Pat Ireland

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That's a good one Pat, well put too! All the do and don't wrapped in one package, priceless! :) Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.