1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Man Shoots Himself at Shooting Range

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

COUNTY (MyFOXColorado.com) - A man was taken to the hospital after he shot himself at the shooting center at the Cherry Creek State Park Monday afternoon.

Officer Jason McKay says the victim was doing some trap shooting on the shotgun range when his weapon malfunctioned.

The victim was conscious when he was transported to a local hospital.

-----

The article contains a photo...

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6981986&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I get a message that says the article is not available...

3. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

I get (We're sorry. There are no stories currently available for this section )

HMMMM

4. hairy

hairy TS Member

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6981986&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Copy this and it should take you there.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There is an impression amongst other target shooters that shotgun sports shooters are the most unsafe out there. Given two deaths in the last two years, and a few people wounded, it would appear they have a point. Couple that with some of the arrogant and even stupid statements we've seen here when a newbie asks about safety rules or questions certain practices (like where should the muzzle point from 5 to 1, why are safeties removed on some guns, why are muzzles resting on feet, etc.) and you get the impression that many trapshooters simply do not take safety seriously.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just a photo obsevation that I've made.

Looks as if the gun came apart, for what ever givin reason, and the shooter didn't have luck on his side.

ec90t

7. atashooter

atashooter Member

I agree Win1911, the news organization did not do well with the writing of this article.

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

COUNTY (MyFOXColorado.com) - A man was taken to the hospital after he shot himself at the shooting center at the Cherry Creek State Park Monday afternoon.

Officer Jason McKay says the victim was doing some trap shooting on the shotgun range when his weapon malfunctioned.

The victim was conscious when he was transported to a local hospital.

-----

The article contains a photo...

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6981986&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I get a message that says the article is not available...

10. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

I get (We're sorry. There are no stories currently available for this section )

HMMMM

11. hairy

hairy TS Member

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6981986&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Copy this and it should take you there.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There is an impression amongst other target shooters that shotgun sports shooters are the most unsafe out there. Given two deaths in the last two years, and a few people wounded, it would appear they have a point. Couple that with some of the arrogant and even stupid statements we've seen here when a newbie asks about safety rules or questions certain practices (like where should the muzzle point from 5 to 1, why are safeties removed on some guns, why are muzzles resting on feet, etc.) and you get the impression that many trapshooters simply do not take safety seriously.

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just a photo obsevation that I've made.

Looks as if the gun came apart, for what ever givin reason, and the shooter didn't have luck on his side.

ec90t

14. atashooter

atashooter Member

I agree Win1911, the news organization did not do well with the writing of this article.

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I guess that's what they call a weapon malfunction.

ec90t

16. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Any news on how this guy is doing?

Any news on the details of this incident?

17. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

to me, "man shoots himself" is the worst possible and most un-true wording. The media can really "F" things up!

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

From that same page, Littleton Police officer shoots himself at shooting range.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=43D501C81FCB5867A82FC27F01F99101?contentId=6538924&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

19. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Good to know we can always count on Brian from the ultra lib, make dope smoking legal state of Oregon to put things into perspective. My target guns do not need a safety and parking an open gun on my foot or on a pad next to my foot does not pose a danger to anyone. Brian, I don't recall any of the stupid remarks you refer to other than your own - As I recall, you also had disparaging remarks (to pass along) about Charlton Heston.

20. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

I understand there was an accidental shooting at a range in San Diego on Wed. of this week. I do not know the full details, but have been told it was because of a release trigger malfunction.

Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.