1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Man cuts off own hand, microwaves it.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    His hand probably wanted to vote for Dennis Kucinich.

HAYDEN, Idaho - A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.

The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center.

"It had been somewhat cooked by the time the deputy arrived," sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. "He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death. That kind of mental illness is just sad."

It was not immediately clear whether the man has a history of mental illness. Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality.

The Book of Revelation in the New Testament contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury."

The book of Matthew also contains the passage: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Wolfinger said he didn't know which hand was amputated.

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

theres one born every minute. brian i bought a rav saturday.4wd 4cyl sport.i really like it. was a little leary going from a pickup but am happy i did now. jackmitch.

3. deadelk

deadelk Member

Cat Owner.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Many of you guys know that I work with the mentally ill on an inpatient Pysch ward. There is another bible passage about popping out your eyes and we have seen several of these patients over the years. Poor guys won't take their meds and they really believe that these are the right things to do. The fact that he used a tourniquet on his arm tells you alot. He didn't want to die... Just get the beast out. Jeff

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I think we should ban circular saws. Can someone E mail Sarah Brady and ask her to join in?

6. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

"I think we should ban circular saws."

Why stop there? What about hand saws or hack saws? No more home improvement projects! More time to shoot trap! Call Bloomberg!

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

I wonder what his TS.com screen name is? If he doesn't have one somebody contact him fast cause he would fit right in.

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Lefty?

Grasshopper is learning from Honorable Master!

9. incognito

incognito TS Member

Poor Gordy. How's he gonna cut gunstock blanks now? It will be tough, one handed and all. And all because he got kicked out of here.

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

That teaches him! Bet he'll never give anybody else the finger! Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.....Get that? Finger?........Oh, forget it!

11. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Here comes a tax to register your curcular saw, and a fee for the permit to own one after you register it. JD

12. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

This is a true story. A former co-worker of mine was cutting wood on his radial arm saw. He held the piece against the fence with his left arm as he pulled the saw across with his right hand. The saw snagged the wood and walked right up on it, across the board and across his left arm, taking his hand off at the wrist. His wife came to his aid and they got him, and the hand to the hospital where a hand surgeon re-attached the hand. This happened many years ago and he underwent a tremendous amount of follow up, surgey, therapy, etc. but at least he still has his hand, albeit with limited functionality.

Coincidentally, the same hand surgeon is going to operate on my hand tomorrow to repair a Dupytren's contracture. That's minor compared to my co-workers experience. I've had three previous hand surgeries by this doctor.

13. nicky

nicky Member

Only one thing to say --- Good for him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.