1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mallard decoy tune up

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nudehunter1, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

[​IMG]
    repainted older herters foam type decoys for the up coming Arkansas duck season, used Reelwings Bird Vision paint, big mistake, lousy product even worse product support, ended up at walmart auto/craft departments for better paint. Reelwings products suck, paint doesn't cover, was told the green is a coating not a paint. really miss the herters decoy paint of old.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Wow... One thing is for sure. They will see those bills. Keep your eyes open on E-Bay as guys will sell those Herters decoy painting kits from time to time.

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Get a hold of Lou Tisch at the link above. He can set you up with the correct colors in paints applicable for foam.

[​IMG]

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Those are sure pretty. Jeff

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

When I was a kid I had two molds to made the styrofoam decoys, I would put in some of the foam pellets and two strategically places spark plugs and bake them in the oven, made a ton of them sold them to people to pay for more guns and reloading supplies

My Mom kinda put the kabash on it, I was stinking up the house too much to I found an old stove and built them in the shop

Brings back memories, wish i still had the molds, but probably couldn't get the solid foam pellets to make them anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.