1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Malicious Prosecution"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WS-1, Jul 14, 2013.

1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

There's a little birdy chirping.......

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope civil and criminal charges get filed on the DA.

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Can't happen for anything she's done.

Malicious prosecution is a civil wrong with specific elements none of which apply here. She has complete immunity for bringing charges.

There may be a hearing on withholding some evidence, but I doubt, very seriously, that it will go anywhere.

Except for the Feds, and maybe recovering some costs (not attorney fees) this case is pretty much history.

Bob

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

And what did the prosecution try so hard to make everyone overlook?

Certainly not Martin's color but his size.

This bothered me through the trial that the focus was placed first on Martin's color and not his size.

Second by subverting the truth with the youthful pictures of Martin and third the entire focus put on his age and even the attempt at child abuse.

Clearly it was Martin's size and strength that was a major fear factor for Zimmerman or at least it was for me at home and I'm not small at all.

Who is not naturally intimidated, dwarfed by big/tall people? While Martin was not fat, he was large. He was beating Zimmerman.

Should justice be overlooked because he was large? No, but it was a factor.

Should everyone who gets in an altercation ask the opponent how old they are before they hit back? Oh, underage, hope you don't kill me while beating my head against cement? I'll just rest and let the child do his thing?

This should be over and should have not been brought forward the way it was.

The little bird that's chirping in my time might have been dubbed, ' A Baby Huey'.

Nevertheless, a sad and sorry tragedy for all involved.

5. rpeerless

Now it's never waste a good crisis, as the race baiters and anti gunners continue and take over.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Do you know how big he actually was?

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

He was gig enough to hold Zimmerman down and smash his head into the concrete over and over!!!

8. Stl Flyn

Either that, or Zimmerman was a pretty weak 5'7 and 200 lbs, at 28 years old.

9. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Strong enough to apply 5-7 lbs of pressure on his equalizer. A bullet well spent.
    Oh and since when is someone of Peruvian decent considered white and not hispanic? spanish is the language there correct?

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Here is something to think about, especially those who suffer from the Bob Beckel syndrome.

You can "cut" skin very easy, BUT do you know how much "force" is needed to "split" skin open?

If you've ever experienced it, YOU'LL know it is quite a blow!!! required to split it open.

If Martin had succeeded in killing Zimmerman, as he was trying to do, WE would again not hear anything about it and another mis-quided black child would start his time in prison.

It would have happened, had not Zimmerman been armed.

11. rpeerless

Because the EXACT information is not available, what I most recently heard and read at various sources was that Martin was 6'2" and 175 lbs but the range for his weight has been 140 to 175 but no dispute on his height.

Same with Zimmerman. His height was listed at 5'8" and his weight at that time anywhere from 160 to 180 lbs.

It was not the Martin hoodie but the size of the hoodie that was the problem. A boy size picture with an XL supersize hoodie.

The injustice is that some would have wanted Zimmerman to die regardless. Why because he was older, fatter, whiter, weaker?

12. Stl Flyn

ME says 5'11", and 158 lbs. He just looked really tall, and absolutely daunting, next to that 5'7", 150 lb. store clerk. Zimmerman, according to his Attorneys was 5'7" and 200 lbs. They said he gained 100 lbs. since the incident. His trainer said he had lost considerable amount of weight, before the incident. Other then that, they listed his physical abilities as barely able to stand up.

13. SBray

SBray Active Member

I found this two page article in the Washington Post, very interesting. It detailed different aspects of the trial strategy, and law suits that may follow.

Steve

14. rpeerless

Do a search and see what you get on size. Several said 6'2".

If Zimmerman had any retail training that would explain why he decided to keep an eye on Martin in case he ditched something.

That being said what exactly did Martin do in the four minutes he was out of sight? Why didn't he just stay out of sight and continue on home? Anyone?

What if Martin thought Zimmerman was a detective and not just some 'cracker' tracking him down to ask directions.

15. Stl Flyn

I would rather trust the Medical Examiner.

Four minutes?

16. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Yes Flyn, four minutes. Didn't you watch the trial?

GneJ

17. Stl Flyn

Four minutes from what, to what? Where was the timer?

I think he thought he lost him. At least that is what he said, before Zimmerman caught up to him. When Zimmerman got out of his truck and began running, he ran past the middle walkway, and not seeing him, maybe Trayvon Martin was hiding at that time, he continued running up to the street to look for an address, which he never did find I guess, because he never gave an address to the dispatcher. Maybe to busy looking for Martin, thus the, "He wasn't here" (9:14) when doing the walk through at that location. So while walking back toward his truck, and passing the center walkway, he must of now seen Trayvon Martin walking down that sidewalk, no longer hiding, thus the, "I think I lost him". Instead of now sticking with his suggestion of meeting the police at his truck, Zimmerman is now saying to dispatch, "Have them call me, I don't know where I will be at". Then hung up the phone. That must of been very close in time prior to Trayvon Martin telling his girlfriend, "He is right behind me", when HE WAS WALKING BACK TOWARD HOME! Then the "What are you following me (for)?" from Trayvon, and the "What are you doing here?" from another person, per his girlfriend. Then the phone bumping, and the "GET off, get off!". Then............? Is that the four minutes you are talking about?

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Flyn, What the he77 does size and weight have to do with it? I thought your point was Zimmerman started the fight and shot Martin cause he "wanted" to?

And it was a racist move. Now you're trying to justify that Zimmerman was getting his ass handed to him by a smaller guy?

You're just trying to be a good progressive, aren't you?

19. Stl Flyn

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth!

You do realize Zimmerman was a registered Progressive, RIGHT?

20. rpeerless

I thought there were major issues with the ME testimony at least that's what I got from the coverage I was watching. I believe worthless was the word used.

The person Martin was speaking to was not his girlfriend.

And there were four minutes that Martin was unaccounted for. It was timed out via the police dispatcher w/Zimmerman and the other phone Martin hung up for a few minutes then called his friend back or she called back, something like that.

If Martin was hidden why didn't he stay hidden? If he had a lead why didn't he keep the lead and race home. Why didn't he or his friend call the police?

The police would have said Zimmerman was a concerned citizen neighborhood watch and it would have been over there. Been there done that. Or they would have said it was someone from another town who has no business there (plate number) and they would send someone ASAP. Been there done that also.
    I didn't follow 24/7 but just now and then so there may be gaps in what I know about the trial.