1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Making voice release mics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

There was a thread many months ago about making mics from outdoor speakers by wiring a resister (10 ohm I think) across the speaker inputs I lost the info and was wondering if anyone has it or can find the thread.

Thanks,

Don Verna

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don, Ive bought mikes from lashen Electronics 1 800 552 7436. Paided about 10. each 5" ABS speaker SPE SPC-6P. These work great. Dave

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We started with the 5" plastic speakers on our Canterbury system, and they get broken when pulled or tipped over. We order speco SPC6P speakers online and replace the internal parts. Much cheaper than buying new speakers. A retired electrical engineer researched the resisters that the originals had, and commented that they weren't really necessary for the length of trnsmission we were using. We have some with, and some without the resisters. I can't tell the difference in how they work. Mark

4. arrow

arrow Member

If you are interested in information on the proper way to make and calibrate
    mics for CVR systems go to the above web site and get my phone number and or
    e-mail and contact me I will be happy to help you do it the right way

Bryan Pierce
    Pierce Sales And Repair
    Canterbury Voice Release

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I made a spare set for our club. Found some disc blades for the bases at a farmer friends, they are concave and don't tip like the stock flat ones. Used some ½" rod for the uprights. I threaded one end to double nut to the disc, drilled a hole into the other to attach the speaker. I drilled a hole part way through and put a 90° hook to hang the cables. The speakers were the ones listed above. The cable was bought in bulk from an electronics supply house and all the ends were purchased online really cheap. Used an electrical box, called a handy box, from Walmart (43 cents), bought a push button and switch from Bob Schultz, did some drilling and filing to fit the switches, used 4 strand wire to go to the brain from the switch. Bought a spare brain and relay from Bob and now we have a complete set for half price. Lots of work here but I'm retired, handy, and able, so I did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.