1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Making shot and getting dimples

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by himark, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I dont mind shooting the stuff it looks great and the only way you really get to see these crators well is with a magnafying glass. I know shut up and shoot it...but is this the best it will get? Like I said it will shoot fine but I just want to make sure if there is something more i should do I should be doing it. The dimples are very small and only one per pellet not like its popcorned or anything.

2. Lither

Lither TS Member

What are you using for coolant? When I was using brake fluid, the single pinhole, not really a "crater" or anything, was common.

I just accepted that was normal and shot it.

I have made some nasty looking shot, with no time to remelt it before a shoot, and it did its job when I did mine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Len

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

we are using antifreeze. Temp of coolant is consistant at 85 degrees..

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I dont mind shooting the stuff it looks great and the only way you really get to see these crators well is with a magnafying glass. I know shut up and shoot it...but is this the best it will get? Like I said it will shoot fine but I just want to make sure if there is something more i should do I should be doing it. The dimples are very small and only one per pellet not like its popcorned or anything.

5. Lither

Lither TS Member

What are you using for coolant? When I was using brake fluid, the single pinhole, not really a "crater" or anything, was common.

I just accepted that was normal and shot it.

I have made some nasty looking shot, with no time to remelt it before a shoot, and it did its job when I did mine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Len

6. himark

himark Well-Known Member

we are using antifreeze. Temp of coolant is consistant at 85 degrees..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.