1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Making a stock from pfs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by st8shuter, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

Is it possible to have my pfs sent to a stockmaker and have a duplicate made to the exact measurements out of wood, i'm north of the border where stockfitters are scarce

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

st8: You miss pretty wood don't ya. I've been toying around buying a PFS for my gun but they look to mechanical, like an artifical leg. If the grip and cheek piece were wood I think I'd buy one. Dave T.

3. vdt

vdt Active Member

there is a fellow in the U.S. that does make wooden grips for P.F.S. but quite pricy,but i believe he needs reciever ti make it,too much border regmeral for me,the one Vern makes will never break...vdt

4. tomd1948

tomd1948 TS Member

Check out this site www.targetshotguns.com and go to Precision Stocks. I like the wood grain look!

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Dave T.

I saw a lady shooter at Middletown shooting a PFS that looked as you describe. I was impressed.

Im not a fan of these but it really looked good.

Someone out there is jazzing these up much better.

Regards....Gerald

6. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

I just saw a PFS fitted with a beautiful Walnut grip and cheek piece at the Golden West made by Stocker John. I'm sure that it would be as durable as the slippery plastic grip on my PFS and looks much better than just adding a wood cheek piece. He also makes custom stocks and I'm sure he could duplicate your dimentions right off of your PFS. If there were a problem, or additional fitting you wouldn't have to worry about being taken care of.
    www.customgunstocks.net
    Cliff

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

As much as I love my PFS stocks.. in Italy.. they use them for "TRY" stocks.. the main problem is.. on a PFS you normally use a thinner pad.. and the unit eats up much of the recoil.. While the stock dimentions remain the same.. the stockfitters leave it a wee bit long.. and play with the pitch to get it just right for you.. and your mount.. You'll get perfect with the PFS.. but when you transfer it to wood..that turns into almost..and you'll need to tweek it just a little.. Hope this helps.. BTW.. John is a fantastic stocker and gun fitter.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.