1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Making a special gift

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    My son is dating a woman that lives in Europe. He travels to Europe regularly for business and she is coming to America in January. This will be the first time that my family will meet her.

My daughter is making a scarf for her, my wife is making her a necklace. I came up with a great idea, I think? When my boy was young I saved every tooth that he ever lost. I have kept these teeth in an envelope for 30 years.

I purchased a very small drill bit and drilled a hole in each tooth and have made her a bracelet. Sure, I could go out and purchase a gift for her, but I figure she will appreciate the time and effort I put in to making her this gift.

I have not said anything to my wife or daughter or son as I do not want to hear the word no from any of them.

What do you think?
    Steve Balistreri

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You, my friend ... are weird!

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Steve,

...NO...

-

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Steve, you need to think about getting a Masters Degree

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

Steve - with all due respect that is just creepy. I'm thinking something like a couple of baby pictures or maybe a shooting lesson would be better. Mike

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Steve,

When I got married I came with an "instruction manual."

My mother and my sister put together a recipe book of all the meals I liked and presented it to my bride - might be a smarter move...

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Steve: Hate to sick my teeth into this, but really a bad idea. However, don't but her any dvd's as the format in Europe is different (feel free to verify this with Queen Elizabeth as Obama gave her dvd's). I'm sure you can be creative as the gift should surprise her but not shock her. Now if you want to scare her off then go back to the teeth necklace idea. BT100dc

8. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Bad, very bad, way way bad like nfw bad...sorry Steve

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dude that's Freak'n gross.

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Steve: I had an idea; buy some shark teeth, make the necklace and tell her you had risk your life getting these teeth. Now that's a special gift. BT100dc

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

Have to agree with most,,no way.However,if you and your wife were to make a Memories book of his childhood,they could go in it.Given to them after marriage,of course.

Doug H.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

NO WAY STEVE!

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

While I was in the AF I spend some time as a dental tech. One of the guys working in the oral surgery section collected each tooth found in the human jaw - all 32 of them cleaned, varnished and strung on a necklace - had to be one one of the most macabre things I've ever seen and got to tell you Steve, just like rest - very, very bad idea. Not going to make a good impression.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Case of shells says Steve is pulling our leg......

15. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Guaranteed she'll be on a plane back to Europe within an hour of receiving your gift. Without your son and the bracelet.

Wayne

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Keep an open mind guys.

Maybe she's an African cannibal, going to school in Europe.

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I think he's got to be pulling our legs. Hey buzz-gun, good post. Need a laugh as I read this post. Remember the post relating to why the best trapshooters are fat; that's one of my favorites. BT100dc

18. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

My wife, my daughter, and my son, all said roughly the same thing "are you fricken nuts??? I try to be a nice guy and look what happens.

Here in Milwaukee a while back we had a medical examiner who was on the news who collected male testicals and kept them in jars. Now that's weird. I have a large dresser drawer in the basement with every piece of home work my kids ever did in grade school.

When I was in the Army I was in charge of supply for a while and my friends called me "the pack rat" or "Bilko" as I just can not throw things away unless I am offered a better deal than what I have.

Do you think I could sell this bracelet if I put it on Ebay? Just kidding, as I would not sell it. My wife took it from me and said she's starting to think that I don't have enough to do since I retired?

Being a nice guy is not all what it is cracked up to be. My wife asked me to tell her the truth, was I really going to give my future daughter in law that bracelet? I said yes, and she got mad at me.

All I can say is, Honesty, don't believe the hype!
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.