1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Making a replacement comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimmyc, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I'd like to make or have someone make a comb for a k80. I'd like to have a rollover type so I can get some offset. I may try to do it myself, but I'd need to find some wood. Any help, advise, or direction would be appreciated. Plus if anyone who has something similar on their gun, I'd live to see some pics.
    Jimmy

2. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Hi Jimmy,
    I can do this, and actually do this kind of thing all the time. We may need to work together to find the right (in other words, matching) piece of wood for your stock, but it should not be a problem to do it. I have an Idea or two on wood sources. Call me if you want to discuss it. Mike - (760)788-8888

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Michael,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not as concerned with it being a perfect match as I am just getting it to fit me better. What would a ballpark estimate for something like this? You can pm me if you don't want to post.
    Jimmy

4. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Jimmy, if you are not terribly concerned about the match, the how about we cover the comb with a vinyl cover instead of finishing it, and trying to make it match. This is particularly a good idea if this is somewhat of an experiment for you. I could do this for about $150.00 probably, and could even take a picture of your stock, once I have it, with 2 or 3 colors of vinyl that I keep here, and let you choose which one you like best. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.