1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

making a hydraulic for my 366 and need?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by himark, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Like stated, I have found several units for other applications with cylinders that can be converted but I need to know the cycle time? For those that own this type could you measure the cycle time?

2. himark

himark Well-Known Member

BTW also could you measure the length of stroke?

3. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

himark .... Air may be cheaper than a hydro for a 366.

But if you go with a hydro there are (2) ea primary variables that need to be adhered to :

(1). The max PSI of the unit can not exceed 500 PSI and

(2). Incorporate (2) ea manual adjustable metering flow valves, locate both out of your way, (1) in each of the lines, near the pump on the cly side of the control valve ( they will control the cycle time of your press, in each direction, set to your needs ).

Better than going through all the hassle, pain of design, trial and error, unless this is your thing, there is a thread on TS.com of two manual Spoiler units that are for sale for around $1000 each, buy one and you will be far ahead, bet you that for sure.

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

my 366 loader has served me for thousands of nicely loaded rounds and I have customized it on my bench to where I really feel comfortable with it. I am just tired of pulling the handle. AIR??? this may be the way to go! My bench is located in a shop that has endless supply of air. I have not looked into how to do this so any ideas what I would need? air valves? obviously a cylinder, foot control... Anybody else done this that may have some good info please post.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Go SLOW and LIGHT on the up stroke, or you'll be replacing a lot of pawls!

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I converted a 366 a few years back using a single action MEC cylinder. I made a adaptor that mounted the cylinder thru the hole in the center of the crown. The cylinder shaft went down thru the hole and mounted to the shell plate with a double nut and a clevis. I put a MEC hydraulic colume spring on the left side guide rod to retract the MEC cylinder and bring the shell plate back down. You will need a flow control valve and better still a double action cylinder, then you can do away with a return spring. I have a few 9000H's I will stick with them.

George

7. leftex

leftex Active Member

Does anyone have pictures they might share?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.