1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Money Trap Shooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

An earlier thread said that he was going fishing because he couldn't make money at Trap. Well I thought we shoot trap for a hobby. I have only known one shooter that make a living shooting trap, Britt did it for 17yrs and now gives clinics for income. I live on the lake and we have Bass and Striper fishermen here and thay all have outside jobs to pay bills. None have made the T.V. series yet. I don't play the money so I don't make any. Am I missing something ( other than targets). Allen

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shooting is not about making money but about spending money ... if you think your going to be such a good shooter that you can make money at this sport than you are only proving there is an idiot born every minute.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

awbenz, how good_of_a_living did Britt make in those 17 years???

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

if I could shoot like Britt in his prime, I coulda made a livin' too....but I can't and there's only one Britt!

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

The only way I could make money at a trap shoot would be to sell my guns on site. Ain't going to happen.

ed.

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I made $23.00 at the last shoot I attended and only cost me about $200 to play all options!Never did claim to be good at handling money, but I think I lost!

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If anyone thinks their ever going to make enough money shooting trap to offset their costs (or make additional money above costs), they should spend their money on a "Head Shrink," not on trap shooting.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The only way to make expenses now is to be a vendor and sell dreams at the bigger shoots-like me.

shot410ga, my hot dog Junior son made over $4,500 in a couple of MD and VA shoots back in the early 90's. That sure paid for a few more entries!!

9. ccridr

ccridr Member

For only $10.00 I can tell you how to make a small fortune shooting trap!! Because I get a lot of good information from this site for free, I am going to tell every one How to do it !!
    To make a small fortune trap shooting, all you have to do is start with a Large fortune!!!!!
    ccridr

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Last week I played our lewis class. It was for our Monday night league (50 targets). The cost of the lewis class was $2.00. Me and 5 other shooters hit the right score for the lewis. We each got back $2.55 each!!!!! Is that not making money???????????
    Don

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I quit gambling about 5 years ago, amd I bet anyone here a hunnert dollars , I

can stay quit.

Gne

12. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Andy, that is really brave of you to challange a man with his gun in the shop getting a new stock, and me with a broken foot and can't shot now isn't it.
    Make you a deal, I won't bother you and you don't bother me. Allen

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Pheasantmaster, I don't know how much Britt made. He is in his late 50's and his shooting and clinic's have supported him. Allen

14. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Allen, I just got my gun back after a gunsmith blew up the barrel. You know my luck with guns. I haven't shot in almost 6 months until I got the gun back 3 weeks ago. Sorry to hear about the foot. AJ

15. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

After some minor work on the locking block this skeet-shooting gunsmith was going to test the action with a BIG shell so he fired several 3 inch 1 7/8 oz loads of #2 shot down the barrel to see if the action would still kick open on recoil. when he told me about it, I reminded him it was a 2 3/4" chamber and choked 40 thousands. He thought it would be ok due to the long forcing cone. When I got home and looked at the barrel I noted how big the end of the barrel looked. I could have used the gun to covey shoot quail at ten yards.
    Roger Eubanks did a great job of saving the barrel by overboreing it and rechokeing it. I now have a Baker big bore that patterns 83% at 40 yards. AJ

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

Pheasantmaster- I have only talked with Britt a couple of times, but you know him well. Is he still growing cotton? Working on a large farm in Texas must have been hard for him while he was shooting a lot. Things are very fuzzy in my memory, but didn't Britt retire from shooting before shooting clinics became popular?

Pat Ireland

17. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

I shot the whole Empire Grand program for less than $100.00. I think that is pretty good overall getting most of your entry fees back. I'll do that every weekend as long as the luck holds out. It's not about making a living with trapshooting. It is how to use your winnings to stretch out the expense.

18. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Make money trapshooting ... you're kidding right?

Add up how much $$$ in ammo alone you put thru the barrel of that shotgun...
    I cleaned out my reloading room last night and was shocked at how many shells I have fired. I think I put a new Corvette thru my BT Plus.

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Pat, the size of them ole farms down in south Texas are judged in square miles as Iam sure your aware.

Yea its hard to believe he could find the time with that much acreage to ever crawl off a tractor much less go shoot. But then with all the mega bucks he won shooting buy in the "money_days" of shooting, well who wants to be in a tractor seat?

Iam sure the farming would have definetly ended if shooting clinics would have been established as they are now. I guess he would have been growing tumbleweeds instead of cotton. Definetly no farming with all that money "rolling_in"!

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

oleolliedawg: I have had many days when I've won lot's of money ($7216.50 once). So what. That doesen't even cover the cost of my Ljutic or the other guns hve bought, or the couple hundred thousand shells I've bought or reloaded, or the motels, meals, and gas I've spent money on. One may may a living in the trap shooting hobby, but he won't do it shooting. He'll make it using the sport (buying & selling guns and parts, lessons, owning a shooting club, ect.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can i make money shooting skeet

how to make money shooting trap

how to make money trap shooting

how to make money trapshooting
howtomakemoneyshootingtrap

make money shooting trap

money in skeet shooting

trap shooting for money