1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Make English the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of AMERICA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Perazzi MX8, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

Making English the official language will eliminate the burden on the federal government to provide documents and/or services in languages other than English.

If you agree with me that time is of the essence in making English our official language, then I urge you to help us pass S.991, the National Language Act, by clicking on or pasting into your browser the URL address

www.rallycongress.com/english-first/2039/contact-your-senator-to-cosponsor-support-senator-james-inhofes-s/

THIS WILL SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR SENATORS ASKING THEM TO SUPPORT S.991 AND TO BECOME CO-SPONSORS OF THIS IMPORTANT BILL.

It is time the politicians get the message from all of us that English is the spoken and written language in America.

Donnie Shields, ATA Life member IL

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'm for making English as the official language in the United States. It will save money as the Government will only have to lie to you in one language. BT-100dc

3. CharlieP

CharlieP TS Member

It's a State's Rights issue, not a Federal one.

States with official English

* Alabama (1990)[14]
    * Alaska (1998)[15]
    * Arizona (2006)[16]
    * Arkansas (1987)[17]
    * California (1986)[18]
    * Colorado (1988)[19]
    * Florida (1988)[20]
    * Georgia (1986, 1996)[citation needed]
    * Hawaii (1978)[21]
    * Idaho (2007)[22]
    * Illinois (1969)[23][clarification needed]
    * Indiana (1984)[citation needed]
    * Iowa (2002)[24]
    * Kansas (2007) [25]
    * Kentucky (1984)[26]
    * Louisiana (1807)[a]
    * Massachusetts (1975)[citation needed]
    * Mississippi (1987)[27]
    * Missouri (1998)[28]
    * Montana (1995)[29]
    * Nebraska (1920)
    * New Hampshire (1995)
    * North Carolina (1987)
    * North Dakota (1987)
    * South Carolina (1987)
    * South Dakota (1987)
    * Tennessee (1984)
    * Utah (2000)
    * Virginia (1981, 1996)
    * Wyoming (1996)

a ProEnglish includes Louisiana in this list even though Louisiana has no de Jure official language, asserting that in 1807 the state adopted English as a condition to admittance to the union.

The English-only movement seeks to establish English as the only official language of the entire nation.

[edit] States without official English

* Connecticut
    * Delaware*
    * Maine
    * Maryland*
    * Michigan
    * Minnesota
    * Nevada
    * New Jersey*
    * New Mexico
    * New York
    * Ohio*
    * Oklahoma*
    * Oregon
    * Pennsylvania*
    * Rhode Island*
    * Texas
    * Vermont
    * Washington*
    * West Virginia*
    * Wisconsin*

* Official English Legislation has been introduced in the current legislative session.

Several states and territories are officially or de facto bi- or trilingual:

* Hawaii (English and Hawaiian) (1978)
    * Louisiana (English and French legally recognized, although there is no official language) (1974)
    * New Mexico (English and de facto Spanish)[30]
    * Maine (English and French both de facto)
    * American Samoa (Samoan and English)
    * Guam (Chamorro and English)
    * Northern Mariana Islands (English, Chamorro, and Carolinian)
    * Puerto Rico (Spanish and English) (1993)

So if the official language of a State is English, does that make it illegal to teach Latin? Is it illegal to sell Kielbasa? Does the kid at McDonald's have to ask, "Ya want Freedom Fries with that"?

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ok, lets also pass legislation to make Christianity the official religion of America, and FOX the official News Station.
    -Trappy

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

CharlieP

"It's a State's Rights issue, not a Federal one."

That is why there is a bill in the Senate (S.991, the National Language Act) sounds just like you.

Bob Lawless

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Trappy,

Sometimes I think these guys are picking on you, But that statement was flat a$$ stupid!

7. ivanhoe

Trappy12

"lets also pass legislation to make Christianity the official religion of America, and FOX the official News Station."

Tell me Trappy do these thing that you suggest will affect everyone how????

Many people who apply for Government, State, County and City jobs must be bilingual or they can't perform the jobs they are applying for.

So tell me don't you think Americans have lost enough jobs to foreigners for one reason or another. BTW I believe That this is only one reason to make English the official language.

I find it very distressing that the right of citizens of the United States would be put behind the non-right of illegal aliens. As there are in excess of 12 millions Spanish speaking people in this country illegally. It never seem to bother people like you that are only interested in giving away. American jobs and tax dollars to allow these wetback all the rights that citizens have.

Bob Lawless

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And you have to show your face on your driver's license, and you have to take a drug test before you get a welfare check, and if you can work, get a job, and being a drug addict is not a "disease, and "free" health care is not an entitlement, nor is housing, or babysitting, or fuel for your car, or paying your utilities, or owning a house, etc, etc, etc. Be responsible for your self, like 65% of our overtaxed population. Be a producer, not a leech.

9. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Too many job problem because someone can't read english. This gets to be scary in construction work and will come to bite us one day.

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Porque?

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I live and teach in California. English may be the official language but the multiculturalists among us still have us catering to all languages. One does not have to be able to read English to drive for instance...... any way, Trappy, listen carefully here because this is important. A people who are bifurcated linguistically are never going to exist for long. Students who come from non-English speaking households almost always do poorer in school. What happens to the non-English speaker is that he or she becomes marginalized and finds that existence in the mainstream of society is almost impossible. Such a person is easily exploited and manipulated.Rather than he or she adding to the richness of the fabric of our society, they pull it apart and tear it down. Those are the cold hard facts without the fuzzy feel-good pseudo-science of the poorly informed getting in the way of the truth. English is the pathway to success in the USA and to the degree that all speak and read it, we prosper together. A society with a common language is a society of inclusiveness. It really is that simple. English is not a better language nor is it a smarter language it is simply, the majority language of the USA and it is the trade language of the world. Speak it and do well. Fail to master it and you lose. It's that simple.

12. Twixter

Twixter Member

I have a bumper sticker that expresses my feellings, "SPEAK ENGLISH OR

GET THE HELL OUT". Just my 2 cents worth.

Mick

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I wear a bright yellow T-shirt that reads "Welcome to America, now speak English". And I do beleive in that statement. Bulge

14. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I agree, make English the official language. With the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and every law passed since written in English it only makes sense. My ancesters didn't have everything changed to German, they learned the language of the land.

Joe

15. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

This site sums up my feelings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0

16. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Trappy get dumber by the minute...Bill

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Trappy ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity on the other hand is a result of dancing with the liberals. Sit down boy cause you been dancing too much. I had the pleasure of living in Germany for almost 10 years. I don't remember seeing signs that read "English Spoken Here". I learned the language and was treated very good by the German people. As the saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans, speak Italian! In Americia, AMERICIAN you young mislead liberal. Ombg has it right. A French General asked, at a NATO meeting why English was always the spoken language,an Americian General responded :"Because we arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German. Jake

18. ivanhoe

Trappy I post this just for you so you might understand just what is going on in this country I hope you are able to see a little better. Just how truthful the liberals are especially the Media.

You have to watch this. Over 11.0 million hits on YouTube. You will not hear it on the radio or on the news. I wonder why!!????

Enjoy this is for all of those that would have another language be America's Official Language.

Bob Lawless

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEJfS1v-fU0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEJfS1v-fU0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Ivanhoe - sometimes I get a little down with whats going on in America, then play this song, and realize a lot of people feel the same way as I.

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Right on!

I forwarded it to all my friends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.