1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Make a farmer cry

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh well ... better in the dealers parking lot than on the farm after ya sign the paperwork.

2. Toddy

Toddy Member

It has a curb and gutter guarantee....you get it to the curb and you gotter....

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

I hope john Deere has a better repair turnaround policy than some gunsmiths or they may not get that tractor back till next winter.

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

must have hit a groundhog hole. if so call me. lol

5. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

The farmers probably thinking: that's going to take some major dollars off the purchase price. Joe B.

6. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

I wonder if he got a bump on the head? That would be a pretty good ride.

2 years ago our local coop lost a 3-wheel tarra-gator with dry box off the edge of a county road. The county had just finished some dirt work and re-grading on the shoulder. The gator driver pulled to the edge to meet a car and the dirt gave away under the weight and it rolled on it's side in the bottom of 8' ditch. Driver wasn't seriously hurt.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Your looking at about $175,000.00

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Hit the link for some nice pictures of side-hill combines at work out west. Keep scrolling down there are several pictures in this long thread. Beautiful scenery.

9. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Hairy:
    That dealer's lot looks suspicously like HAUG Implement. Is it?

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A two or three year old one close to this would be around 100,00.00 . Yes Farming cost big money .

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Make a farmer cry???..........I thought you were taking down one of his mail boxes where he receives his government checks. lol

As for the tractor, no biggie.

Whenever this happens, John Deere loves it.

They get to charge the insurance company the full cost of the tractor, and pocket the difference, and they get to build a new tractor to replace the one that is totaled.

It doesn't take much for them to total them, as they would rather do that than take a chance on someone getting a faulty tractor.

Hauxfan!

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

That green tractor will be easy to hide in the fence row! That's the reason why JD painted them green in the first place!

ec90t

13. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Let's be honest....

It will be for sale at the dealer next week. "Scratch and Dent -- oops, we bumped it with the forklift; take 10% off" and some unknowing schmuck will buy it.

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Just bought a new balewagon, $105,000, going to take lots of bales to pay for that sucker. FD

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You sure they weren't doing a durability test for the customer ..? OUCH ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

I always thought farmin was a back breakin no money makin always needed charity farm-aid line of work.

I guess thats wrong if they be drivin tractors worth more than most people can afford for a house. Ya know that reminds me most farmers I see are driving fancier cars and trucks than I could even think about trying to afford and ... well ... it seems farmin is one heck of a great money makin buisness if they can afford $200K tractors.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... I just realized its all tax-breaks and goverment farm programs ... I wonder if I can a ride on one of those $200k tractors since I could semi-technicly be part owner of.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ahhh ... that was cold but at only a foot deep cant they get both hands out?

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

LUMPER stop before you really look stupid . Farming takes alot of money alot of big money . The rate of return is small for the investment . Why don,t you invest two million or more in a business and then have every one set the price of your product for you . You bitch with your mouth full of cheap food .

KEYBEAR

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Big farming is not an easy lot. Price fluctuations can make a fair year into a disaster that takes a long time to recoup.

Small farming (old Farmall, 2 row picker, etc) is a tough life because the income potential is low.

My father in law paid more to truck his crop one year than he got paid.

Buuuuuut......why haul the grain box away with the big money tractor when you have a pickup sitting there? Serious question, I really don't know the answer.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.