1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Major upgrade from Tacoma

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by magnumshot, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Well, Toyota gave me $12,300 for my truck I bought 7 years ago for $9000.
    So nice of them to do that. I felt screwed as I spent two months trying figure out what I wanted and trying to get a deal on another Tacoma. Every local dealer was an absolute tightwad, and wouldn't give a break.
    Too bad, I finally broke down and bought another Supercrew Lariat. (My wife drives the other one)
    2007 Lariat with every option. I saw it searching back lots for fresh trades at a Cadillac dealer. It was traded Saturday morning, and I bought it Saturday afternoon.
    Really is mint condition, and I got for less than trade in value.
    Still can't believe it.
    Thanks Toyota.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You got a really nice truck...hope it serves you long and well

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Maybe I'm missing something. You say Toyota offered you $3300 more than you paid for it and it's 7 years old. Sounds like a good deal to me.Usually you lose money on trades not gain. Unless I misread this. Anyway enjoy your new Ford.

4. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I had a previous thread about two months ago about this, so this is really just a followup. Here's a recap. Toyota is recalling I believe 1996 to 2001 Tacoma's for frame rust along the north eastern states. Two months ago they sent me a letter, and I took my 98 to the dealer for inspection. They never gave my truck back, and offered to pay me 1-1/2 times high blue book value. Excellent condition blue book was $8200. While I waited for the paperwork to go through, they gave me a 2009 Camry for three weeks free of charge till the check came. They also gave me a coupon for $1000 towards the purchase of a new Toyota truck, so I tried to get one. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted, but they gave me so much money I figured I'd go for it all. I tried for the last month to get a good deal on an all option crew cab Tacoma. I made offers to dealers but they were so tight on their price. Probably because so many guys are turning in their trucks. If I traveled to a southern state I could get a great internet deal, but the dealers around here wouldn't match, and the closest I could come was $1000. Their loss. I think I got the better deal with the Supercrew by waiting. This trucks MSRP is $43,000. The best all option 2008 Tacoma lists around $32,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.