1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Major league playoffs a scam

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just looked @ the American league standings--Chicago is playing 540 ball, there are 6 teams in the American league with higher percentages & only 3 of them could currently make it to the playoffs. This why I haven't seen a major league game in 30+ years.

When I was a kid I used to live in Ebbets Field.

Phil Berkowitz

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

You can blame the tv networks. You need to have mega tv coverage to sign guys to multi-million, multi-year contracts. If A-Rod plays only the 161 regular season games without injury (ha ha), he gets paid about $40k per ining. Nice work if you can get it. That's why they need so many qualifying teams in playoffs. Larry

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Go Orioles!

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Birds all the way....................Go O's!!!!!!!!!!

D.P.Reynolds

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

It's not a scam. You win your divison your in. The wildcard teams won't come out a of a division that bad, so their winning percentage will get them in.

Wayne

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody's team didn't make the cut so now it's all a scam. Reminds me of the folks that scream "fixed fight" when their boxer loses. For what it's worth, I think the Wild Card thing is a joke. Only thing worse is my favorite sport hockey(NHL). In the NHL, your team really sucks if they don't make the playoffs since they take 8 teams from each Conference.

Go Cubs................Uhh Nevermind. Wait 'til next year. :)

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Hey Phil, who was then catcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers?

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yup..Go Orioles!!! have the fridge full of cold Natty Boh's and Papa Johns on speed dial for dinner to watch the game by tonight

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Campy-AKA Roy Campanella

Phil Berkowitz

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Phil, why is a kid whom lived at Ebbets Field worried about American League baseball anyway? LOL

Haven't see a major league game in 30 years? You must be watching the Chicago Cubs?

Take in a game sometime, nothing like sitting in the stands will a bag of peanuts, a beer and a hotdog. The world can go sc*** itself for the 3 hoours your there. Expensive but sometimes it is just worth the money.

Cardinal fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.