1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Major flooding at San Antonio Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun1357, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

12 inches of rain in the last 24 hours has flooded all of the trap houses including the bunker. The 5 stand is also below water. The water stopped before it got up to the skeet stations and clubhouse. We have a great management team and I am sure that they will get things up and running again but this will be a big job. Ron Renouf

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hope it didn't mess up too much stuff

Send that rain up north to Frognot, we could use it to recharge the ponds

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

As bad as this?

ahab_2008_0303165.jpg

What you see is the top of the Skeet houses.

That is Prado Olympic Range a few years back

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

We need that rain in Amarillo. Hope the damage is not too bad.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

We really needed the rain here. We were being threatened with watering our landscapes every other week. I would guess they will be pumping out the trap houses tomorrow and assessing the damage. I do not know if the skeet ranges will be open. PD Parker will do his best to get things up and running again. The bunker may be the greater challenge. It sets at a lower elevation and has the most equipment. Ron

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

and Mason Michigan was 60's, clear and dry...

the world is messed up....

7. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

***** This message was sent via PreSquad.com *****

Due to the flooding in San Antonio, the Toepperwein Trap shoot has been cancelled.

It may be rescheduled at a later date after repairs have been made to the gun club.

Copied from presquad.com

Ron Schroer

Sun City, TX

8. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

gun1357 (Ron) and Texas Trap Shooter (Ron), I spoke with P.D. this evening and he wanted me to let everyone know that the Topperwein Trapshoot was being POSTPONED til another date, not yet known. It is being CANCELLED for next weekend, due to the flooding. He had hoped that "Pre-Squad.com" would get the message out as well, which I se that it has. I am going to send out a reminder (or notice to those who hadn't pre-squadded or didn't know of the flooding) when I get back to work on Tuesday. I sent a notice out out on my Facebook page, so people are finding out about it now.

Thanks,

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

(Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

24 hours later things are looking a little better. We are still having the occasional "popcorn shower" but the water has gone down about 6 feet. Water is slowly draining out of the trap houses. Management and maintenance folks were on-site. I would guess there might be some practice going on by Thursday but I would call the club first. Ron

10. drgondog

drgondog Member

electrical panels are the key potential problem for the houses..

11. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Progress has been made. The golf course across the road is no longer one huge water hazard and the lake in front of the trap houses has been drained. Work is progressing in the trap houses but there is a sign on the clubhouse door indicating the club will be closed through June 2nd. Ron

12. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

PD Parker, the club manager, has notified the membership that barring unforeseen electrical problems the skeet and 5-stand will be operating tomorrow. He thinks he will have a field for the trap shooters on Saturday and the bunker operational on Sunday. Amazing turnaround. Ron

13. red hammer

red hammer Member

Pd thanks for all you do what a great guy and also a great shot again thanks P.D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ron schroer tx

san antonio gun club toepperwein trap shoot results 10-12-2014