1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MAINTENANCE PERAZZI TRIGGERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sal 1253, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sal 1253

Sal 1253 TS Member

Is there any lubrication that you fellow trapshooters suggest to a removable Perazzi triger. I've heard several shooters say there is no need for any type of lubrication. Any suggestions or opinions on the subjest is welcome

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I use BreakFree CLP on all the contact points, leave it on paper napkin over night, wipe the hammers dry because they'll splash oil all over the stock.

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Giacomo recommends Tri-Flo done in the same method as described by SteveW. I have done this with my trigger for 20 years and the only part I have ever replaced in the trigger is the bottom barrel hammer spring. JRM

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I do one of two things depending on whether the gun got soaked or not. For just routine (twice a year) maintenance I use a needle sized dropper to place small drops of ClenzOil on the sears and the rotating points. The I blow the excess out with an air gun.

If I've been shooting in the rain, or for the annual serious maintenance, I clean the entire trigger group with carb cleaner or by soaking and swishing in mineral spirits. The I blow it off and spray all surfaces with Rem Oil. I let it sit for a while, then blow it off with an air gun. One in a blue moon I'll put a little dab of grease on the impact points in the front.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I put them in laquer thinner in the vibrasonic cleaner.

Blow dry with high pressure air, and then spray with Rem Oil, and then blow them again and wipe off excess.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.