1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maine State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zelmo96, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

It's not too early to plan your trip to Maine July 14-17 for our state shoot. It will be 1000 targets again this year. We had a great shoot here last year. Some of our new friends ate tons of lobster and fun was had by all, I hope. I hope to see you here in July. All the best and good shooting, Al Baker

2. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Al,
    Just curious, are there lobsters available on the shoot grounds... or is this a restaurant thing nearby ?
    thanks, Brian

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

bluskyshooter,Brian

On sight,Great place to eat and shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Dont hesitate.Just thought I would give my $.02.Our crew will be there.

Sandy Holehouse.

4. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Sandy,
    I always enjoy a trip to Maine ... maybe I can convince the wife she needs to do some shopping ... while I do some shooting ! ;) We can meet together for some lobster dinner. I am going to try and make it. Is there a flyer, website, etc ... that advertises the shoot and gives information ?
    Best, Brian

5. higun

higun Member

Brian,

We are working on the program at this moment. When it is ready it will be posted on www.mainetrapshooting.com

If you want a hard copy you can PM me with your mailing address and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Joe Hall

6. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Brian,

I can fill you in on where to stay and the Maine Mall is right there!!!!!!!!.A lot of bonus things up there ----right Joe Hall& Al.?????. LOL.

Sandy Holehouse.

7. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Thanks Sandy, I look forward to seeing you there. Al Baker

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Big Al, will the club offer a Lobster dinner as they did in previous years?? Smaller Frank

Or will we have to fend for ourselves as done for the last several years?
    frankc_2008_030348.jpg

frankc_2008_030349.jpg

9. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

The Shriners( Bob Harris ) put on the lobster feed last year. I heard no complaints, only slurping and grunting. Our friends from Kentucky ate 14 lobsters in 4 nights, EACH.

10. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Al ,

I think I know somebody that would like to try that with the ---LOBSTAS .Oh ,and it's not me .I wish I could get HER up there LOL.Shes from Ill.so it might be a little haul!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

How far from Medway are you fellas? Jake

12. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

j2jake

The gun club is in the South Portland area,not far from the Maine Mall,if thats any help.One of the other guys can explain a little better im sure .Oh ,and it's---FELLAHS. lol

Sandy Holehouse.

13. WATER TANK

WATER TANK TS Member

royce w. and i attended the maine state shoot last year we both had a great time we shot in new hampshire the week before if u go leave a week early and take this shoot in to its worth the time

the people at both shoots was really helpful on places to go see and places to eat and very friendly i'll never forget meeting (little) al baker, joe hall, vince and alot of other find fokes mike b from new hampshire told us several places to go and see

one of the best places to eat was cape elizabeth eating outside on the rocks looking at the water it was something this old country boy (from ky) will never forget i wish we could make it again this year but i don't think it's going to happen

the lobster was great everywhere we when but don't just eat them the seafood is great and very fresh right out of the sea one place we when i had 3 hole lobster and the bill was 15 bucks can't get that here in ky

hope youens up north can find time and come and shoot in the south sometime

we had good times in the north

kevin polson

14. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Sandy, I know you are talking about me! I sure wish I lived closer...I would be there in a heartbeat for the shootin' and the eattin' lobstas! I'm almost to the point where I would trade my shotgun for a lobsta...notice I said almost. All we get are oscar meyer wieners tossed on a grill!! Sounds like a good time, wish I could go.

Sue

15. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Sue,

You just say so and we can accommodate you and Terry.!!!!!!.You folks would have a BLAST---Literlly and figuratively!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Those MAINEAS are a great group !!!!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.