1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maine & Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3200 tony, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

I am planning on going to the Maine State Shoot in July, Campsites and RV have been reserved, But a friend of mine stated that I need to obtain a permit in order to bring my shotgun and to shoot in Maine.

Does anyone know anything about this.

Thank You

Tony

2. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

I live in Maine and that's news to me.
    If you are entering from Canada it's a different story though.

Mark

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

not sure where you got that misinformation.....if you are planning on concealing a handgun maybe...or, as Mark mentioned,,,,,coming from Canada, but that would be between you and US customs!

4. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Hi guys

I got this information from a friend and fellow shooter, who claims that years ago when he went to a shoot in Maine, that he had to obtain a permit to bring his gun in and that the shoot organizers would not let him shoot unless he had this permit. I will be meeting him at the club tomorrow and will pick his brain some more. My friend is a good guy, up there in age and would not intentionally give me false information.

Thanks

Tony

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I live in MASS, have shot in Maine numerous times, there is NO permit that you must show to shoot....time to get the "rest of the story" from your contact! Where are you coming from?

6. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Shawn

Thanks for the info. I am so looking forward to this trip with my wife.

Tony

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Tony,

Theres not a problem Trapshooting in Maine.You can take my word on it !!!!!.One thing for sure traveling up there thru Mass.,the sign on the Ct. Mass.State line on 395 on Webster- Thompson line can be a little intimidating,its about carrying firearms in cars and trucks.Disregard it,if your a law abiding person theres no problem.
    Sandy.

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

Bringing guns has never been a problem. If you want you can camp right at the state shoot they do not have electric or water but they do have campites next year they may have water and electric by then they were goingf to have it this year but didnt. You can ask for joe Hall i believe.

Bob S

9. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Thanks for the info guys
    Bob I have already reserved a spot at the club my wife and I are looking forward to it
    Tony S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.