1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mailing Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catpower, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'm sure this has been covered hundreds of times but I guess I never read about it, but can I legally mail some boxes of live ammo to a friend?

Thanks, Rick

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

They can be sent by UPS. Make sure the box is marked as containing ORM-D material:

<center>[​IMG]</img></center>

Lister

3. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

Yup, just follow Carol Lister's advice above.

I shipped some a week or two ago via UPS. Packed it up, marked the box ORM-D "Cartridges, Small Arms" as illustrated above, went to the local UPS Customer Center and they shipped it. No questions asked or anything..that actually surprised me (being in the Northeast and all). I read the UPS and Federal regulations in regards to shipping ammo beforehand, so I was prepared in case there was an issue but they didn't even give it a second look.

Dave

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Thanks for the info, I've got some .45LC rounds but not a gun to shoot them and have a friend that just bought one

thanks again, Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.