1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mahovsky's Metalife

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Lambert, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Mahovsky

Anyone ever have any experience with this plating method? Recommendations, comments?

The Metalife finish, otherwise known as SS Chromium M, is our most durable finish. Metalife looks like stainless steel, but has a hardness of about 71 on the Rockwell "C" Scale, which is even harder than stainless steel. It is guaranteed not to chip, crack or peel when applied to metal in good condition, and it is highly rust resistant and holster-wear resistant. It requires reasonable care and is guaranteed for the life of your piece.

thanx, Buck

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Yes, it is excellent. It is very high up the Rockwell Hardness Scale, and has very high lubricity (you'll really notice this in pistols)

I've done pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Ron Mahovsky is great to work with as well.

you will not be disappointed.

3. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

Hi Buck, Highly reccommend Mahovskys work. I had the finish your thinking of, done to my Ljutic several years ago. Looks great and still looks as good as good as the day they did it. Everyone who sees it thinks its stainless. Also, I had a nickle Colt Commander that had become pitted and looked terrible. I asked if they could strip it and re-nickle without polishing it out and looseing details of engraving. They said send, it and they would do best they could. The best they could was fantastic! Looked as good as the day it left the factory. Could not tell it had ever been refinished. Thanks Ken

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Great product, very good service. Although I use Metaloy, which is within driving distance for my hard chrome, Metalife offers a service others don't which is the ability to hard chrome aluminum so if you have a gun made of both materials you can have an exactly matching finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mahovsky

mahovsky plating

mahovskys