1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnetic Gun rack for your car?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

John.....Go to www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com. Click on Shooting accessories, and click products. You will find them there.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They work well- have driven down the road and they still are on

now the catch- a lot of vehicles now have composite body panels so the magnet doest stick or only sticks weekly but on any steel surface it isnt going to fall off

Gene

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have seen way to meny guns fall off the car useing this rack . Put your gun in the car and save your self the trouble and dents .

KEYBEAR

4. vanman

vanman TS Member

I saw one being used a couple of week age. The owner was sitting on the tailgate while the gun was in the rack. Another person sat on the tailgate and that caused the rack to shift-the owner caught the gun on the way down.

Van

5. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

They are made by DownRange Wads, Kevin sold me mine.

6. topgun

topgun TS Member

You might consider suction cup gun holders like what would go on the inside rear window of a pick-up. Just one of them mounted on a metel or fiberglass (as in RV) works very well and the barrels are locked in.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The problems with these racks are well documented above. Another is to back up a few feet for some reason and forget the guns are racked - to the ground they go. I have them and use them but with considerable care and only while I'm right there dealing with shells, glasses, et cetera. If I leave the truck, the gun(s) get moved and the plastic rack secured. I like mine in that space where you can't even get in the driver's seat without moving it to avoid mistakes....breakemall...Bob Dodd

8. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I don't use one on my truck, but I do have one stuck on the side of my safe.
    Nice place to put your guns as you take them out or move them around.

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I use one everywhere I go...made my own from a couple nice pieces of 1/4-inch cherry and 6, 3/8 X 1/4-inch rare earth magnets. Never had to worry about moving the van with the guns in the rack because the rack is on the driver's door.

Mike

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Really, If you were to use good suction cups, you wouldn't have to worry about scratches or if it would stick to the car or not. But as far as I know nobody makes one with suction cups on it. Sounds like a project.

-Jollytrapshooter

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

I sell magnetic gun racks from Downrange and think they are great. Like everything else having to do with guns, you have to use caution and focus on what you are doing. Just my two cents worth.

Janet

CJ Enterprises

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Just make sure you put it back IN the vehicle when you leave the shoot.

I've left a few on the Interstates.

Finally just installed it on the INSIDE of the rear door on the Suburban... it works, when the doors are open.

Whiz

13. guncase

guncase TS Member

a word of warning,, in Wonderful Wisconsin the gun rests are illegal if on your car!! Not kidding. You will get a ticket if a Game warden or a cop see a gun resting against the side of the vehicle!! Paul

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I have used one on my safe outside and on my truck for years,,,never had one fall of the safe,,,yes had one knocked of the side of the truck,,,s*** happens no matter how had we try ,,,mainly use to just lean it up while getting the case out and the bore snake ready

15. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Drill a hole in it and put some 9/32" (lawn mower rewind) rope through it. Attach the rope to the inside of your truck bed or car trunk. This is a reminder that it is there, I have scattered several of these things over the mid-west.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magnetic trunk gun mount

magnetic vehicle rifle rack