1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Jack

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ricks1, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

there was post last week about Magic Jack
    here is some info for the new and old
    when you sign up for it is the $19 a year and for 5yr its 59 ok that makes 6yrs BE SURE that you get both code numbers there is one for the 1 year and another for the 5 yr. you have to have the 5yr code when the 1 yr expires. It took 2 hrs to get the code I didnt write down.
    Just for your info
    Also they send a 1 ft extention --dont use it

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm using one right now as I type (on hold). At any rate, I'm satisfied with mine thus far. Only problem I've run into is that the only thing I can do while I'm using the magic jack is talk, I can't load webpages or do anything else on my comp or the connection gets a little choppy. If I just talk, the connection is as good as anything else I've ever used (there's a tiny bit of static in the line, but nothing I can't live with). To be fair, I have the lowest level of broadband you can buy, and I bought the lowest end Dell desktop a couple years ago, so I'd guess the problem I have would go away if I upgraded either or both. If I had to, I have a laptop in the other room that I could run while I talked. Bought a cordless phone when I got the magic jack (didn't have any phones in the house any more), but ended up returning it when I realized that I could use my computers speakers and webcam's mic to chat with.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Had one about 2 years ago. Gave it up because the in/out voice quality was less than acceptable and did not want to be dependent on a computer to make or receive calls.

Eric

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Its worth every penny and it works good with HS internet. You can do both. but as skeet said low speed cuts your quality . I am happy but didnt know the 1yr didnt go straight to the 5yr
    was just an info for you that have it
    and last thread said you cant fax , fax works BUT you cant have program running on the computer.
    Have you looked at you damn ph bill??? there is about 40% BS taxes this gets rid of tax that support mexicans

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

FWIW, click the link above. I gave thought to Magic Jack several years ago but complaints like the ones on that site changed my mind. Problems are one thing - every company has them. Poor customer service is another.

Ed

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I checked into it here in Central Indiana and the phone numbers given out to locals were long distance numbers. WTF? If they ever get it to where you can keep your number, it will take off.

7. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

You, your family, and friends could install Skype and talk worldwide for free as long as you want. The download is free and even calls to non Skype users are cheap. I use it and save lots of money.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'll second SKYPE..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.