1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic from Earnest Marlette!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Just got my K80 receiver back from Earnest and he did a couple things that were a little unusual. When I bought this gun, I bought the barrel/receiver from one person and the wood from another. Unfortunately, the wood had the stock bolt channel reamed too deep and the stock bolt was protruding out of the wood probably what was 1.5 inches instead of maybe 7-8 threads. I didn't notice this and when I put it on the receiver and began tightening the bolt it intruded into the action and made a mess of the inertia block, the safety and misc other parts.

Earnest brought everything back shipshape and then he tackled something that for me has always been an issue with K80s. I broke my trigger finger some time back at the first joint and I began began pulling the trigger with that joint instead of the finger tip. That frequently caused the front sharp edge of the trigger to feel like it was cutting into my finger after the first shot. Never had this problem with my Perazzi due to the shape of that trigger and how close it came to the trigger guard. I told the folks at Ottsville about it and they did some re-shaping and improved it somewhat but it was still an issue.

Earnest completely reshaped the trigger AND the trigger guard itself so that there is not enough room between the trigger and trigger guard now for my finger to feel pinched or cut after the first shot. He is definitely an artist in metal working. Am enclosing a couple pics that hopefully will illustrate what he did.

Withers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mooney

mooney Member

Ernest is indeed a master. He has done the annuals on my K-80 for the last two years and converted my double release to a release pull. You couldn't ask for a finer craftsman and a fine person also. I have talked to Ernest at length on a few occasions. Believe me he knows Krieghoffs inside and out. If you ever have a problem with your K gun send it to Ernest Marlette. He is truly the best.

Mooney-Glenn Wedding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.