1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Dots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

i am normally a right eyed dominant both eyes open shooter, but recently I have notice that the dominance shifts to my left eye. My eye doctor says this is not unusual. Drives me crazy. Does anyone have any experience with "Magic Dots".

Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My son uses them with much success. His scores went up respectively after some learn and adjust time. It worked for him much better than one-eye shooting. We have the old Browning Magic Dot which is no longer being made. There is another outfit making a similar kit now. Scotch tape will do the same thing.---Matt

P.S. you can also find some round colored but clear labels at Office Max that work very well and can come close to matching lens colors.

3. th445

th445 TS Member

I just started using them. Like any other change it takes a little time . I still want to close my left eye and I have to realy work on keeping it open. I got mine from Morgan opicial and they have a sheet of different colors for different color lenses. One thing about the magic dots , you can take them off and move them around to make sure you get them in the right spot.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its a really simple concept and is best with a partner to help you get it setup.

1)shoulder your gun with your shooting glasses on and aim at something across the room.

2)close your shooting eye and have your partner apply a alignment dot or piece of tape on your offending eyes lens so that it blocks out the bead on the end of the barrel.

3)now open both eyes and aim at the object with both eyes open.

4)close your shooting eye again. If the sight(bead) on the end of your barrel disappears then your set-up.

5)Now put the correct color matching dot on the inside of the lens exactly behind the aligment dot your partner placed on the outside of the offending eyes lens. Remove the aligment dot from the outside of the lens.

You are now done. It does take some getting use to and scores may slightly decrease before they increase as changes often do. You will gain all your peripheral vision back that you had lost with that eye closed. Your depth perception will also be more accurate.---Matt

5. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I use them and love them. They really help to allow your left eye to relax versus keeping it squinched shut. Also, I found it easier initially to use three dots to really block off all sight picture out of the left eye. After I got used to using them, I then reduced the 3 to 2 and then down to 1. Now, I feel like I have at least some vision peripheral out of my left eye without being able to see my sight beads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning magic dot