1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Dots that really help one-eyed shooters...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cec, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cec

cec TS Member

It is estimated that 40% of right handed shooters are left eyed dominant while 80% of left handed shooters are right eyed dominant.

A problem for many shooters is wrong eye dominance and cross-over sighting. This often occurs when right handed shooters have a dominant left eye and a left handed shooter has a dominant right eye. Many prefer to shoot giving their preferred eye an advantage and find this system to be the answer.

Made of special new age materials these dots allow precise placement and can be removed easily and re-placed, no adhesive is used. In the shooting position, place a dot on the outside or inside of your lens in a spot that causes slight fuzziness to the appropriate eye. Proper placement will force a switched focus to your other eye. When not shooting, you will see through both lenses as if there is nothing there. They can color match your lens and will stay in place. Comes in one full sheet of 24 dots and 4 rectangles, either of which can be trimmed to desire.

Hope this helps, Bob

2. cec

cec TS Member

Tape uses adhesive and becomes sticky and hard to remove from lenes. These dots use no adhesive and are easily removed for replacement to different positions. The dots are far superior.

3. max trap

max trap Member

Does Field and Clays have a phone number ?

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

WHERE DID THE STATISTICAL DATA COME FROM OR ARE THE % PURLY A GUESS?

Could you explain to me what the advantage of being "removed easily and re-placed" is? How does the coloration effect the shooter?

I tend to be curious and skeptical of such claims like many of the readers on TS.com

Joe Goldberg

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

These are high quality, and a very good value.

Joe Goldberg is the self-proclaimed "expert" who wrote on another thread, "The governments of the world would not spend millions of dollars porting the barrels of tanks and mobile artillery if it didn't work."

Tom Stewart

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

What Do you know about porting? I was actually Quoting Steve Milton of Precision Arms of Canada. It is also the sentament of Joe Moralis of Rhino Chokes. I went to the experts for my information. Where Do you go?

I Asked a Question thats all. Did I make any other Comments you have a problem with MTA Tom

Joe

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I'm still waiting for a picture of a "ported" cannon, Joe.

If you've ever actually used Magic Dots, you'd know the advantage of "removed easily and re-placed."

Tom Stewart

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I Don't have a picture, but I remember seeing an Israeli tank that had a series of holes around the circumference of the barrel similar to the porting on some high power rifles. It could have been captured soviet I don't know. If there are any tank experts out there maybe they have the photo.

And since I went from being a one eyed shooter to two eyed I don't need them and don't use them.

So tell me more. Once you tell me all about them I won't be an expert but I will atleast know what you do so tell me.

Joe

9. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The holes or slates at the end of a tanks barrel,or say the end of a FNC1 7.62 are not porting, they are flash eliminators.

10. cec

cec TS Member

Hi Max Trap,

Send me an email with your phone number, I'll be happy to call you.
    Or, just go to the url above to read about the FieldandClays Magic Eye Dot system. They are high quality and really help one-eyed shooters.

11. claysman

claysman TS Member

I've used these Magic Dots and found they really work... much better than tape with adhesive messing up my lens. The Dots can be placed, removed, replaced, and even be trimed to taste.

12. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Not sure but I think that they might be called " evacuators". Not sure what they are supposed to evacuate.

13. claysman

claysman TS Member

What do you mean "evacuators." The Dots I refer to attach to the lens of your glasses WITHOUT ADHESIVE! And, they can be removed and replaced to a different position on the lens if you choose. They're at the URL above.

14. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Not evacuators....occluders because they occlude your view of the end of the barrel by your off eye.

Mr. Hartman - thank you. However, I would suggest adding to your product line a sheet of black occluders. For some, translucent works ok, but light is still coming into the eye and hence signals from the off eye (even if not containing any coherent info) still get sent to the brain to integrate with signals from the on eye. A black occluder eliminates or reduces this. This approach originated, to my knowledge, from (I believe I have the name right) Rich Coelho who is both a shooter and optomologist.

Cheers

15. Landshark

Landshark Member

Are these the same as the the Browning dots?

16. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

They're similar to the Browning dots, but slightly more translucent and slightly "stickier".

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Or, for $8, you can buy a package of 1,000 Avery brand semi-transparent stickers at your local office supply store.

They, too, work well, you can move them, trim them and they don't leave crap on your glasses.

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Could those slotted things on the ends of tank barrels be muzzle brakes - ya think?

19. claysman

claysman TS Member

It's my understanding that Browning doesn't make the Dots anymore. The above URL is the only source. And, these new ones are a little bigger in colors that match your different colored lenses.

20. cec

cec TS Member

Thanks Baron23 for your suggestions. We will take a serious look at adding a row of black dots in our next production run. Best, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.