1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Dot Replacement

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

For those having trouble finding the now-discontinued Browning Magic Dots, FieldandClays is offering a replacement, with more dots for the money. These are "stickier" than the Magic Dots, but left no residue when I tried them. They're a little more translucent.

[​IMG]

"Made of special new age materials these dots allow precise placement and can be removed easily and re-placed. In the shooting position, place a dot on the outside or inside of your lens in a spot that causes slight fuzziness to the appropriate eye. Proper placement will force a switched focus to your other eye. When not shooting, you will see through both lenses as if there is nothing there. They can color match your lens and will stay in place. Comes in one full sheet of 24 dots and 4 rectangles, either of which can be trimmed to desire."

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Outstanding info...many thanks.

Curt

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You guys better watch out the great "scotch tape" proponent will be on your backs.

I have used dots for years and hardly recommend them.

Don

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yo Don....."Hardly"???

I know it's early and it's Sunday...if you're shooting today...Break 'em all.

Curt

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Opaque scotch tape.

I too hardly recommend paying 10 bucks for magic dots when the only magic in them was they magically took 8 extra dollars out of your pocket for what they are really worth.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Buc...

The extra $8.00 bucks is for their prettiness....

and the colors match most skeet shooter's tutu's!!

Curt

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Hey Buc I appreciated the PEM and the threat that you made. Kind of CS to turn off your PEM so I can't reply. Put out your milk jug and maybe you can get the $10 to get the best otherwise keep using scotch tape. By the way talked to a shooter this weekend who screwed up a pair of perscription lenses using scotch tape.

Yes I strongly recommend. It was also hot and humid at the IN state shoot and fingers didn't work as they should have. My majic dots worked outstanding, aiding me in acquiring some more hardware.

Shoot well, shoot often.

Don

8. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

They guy was an idiot then. Let me guess, he used a razor knife.

I am not chicken shit about anything. If you have something to say, say it.

Why you would "move it" is beyond me. I have not moved the small piece of tape I put on my lens since it put it on 3 years ago.

Maybe you can enlight me on why you feel the need to move it around all the time so I can understand your love with this product.

Jeff A., Media, PA
    ATA #0761942

9. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Buc, I have been using the Magic Dot since 1983.I have never questioned the cost.You can use whatever you want, but don't be surprised if you are still B class and 20 yds. 5 years from now...

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Buc: You sure are a banger with 4300 lifetime targets. I am glad you have chosen to share your vast experience with the members of TS.com. Maybe the fact that most shooting lenses are plastic, even perscription ones, it would be easy to scratch them removing tape. Some shooters use their glasses for other things than shooting. So don't be so anal about this. As two dogs said try them and maybe you will get off the 20.

Don

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I wonder? Wouldn't it be easier to learn how to shoot with both eyes open, get a keen rib, tube site or side blinder.

I have noticed one thing about the dots. If you shoot a 30" for doubles and a 34" for caps would need two sets of lenses or have to move them all the time.

I struggled with the two eye thing for a year: then I decided I was going to do it and haven't looked back for 28 years.

I know not everyone is willing to learn how to shoot with two eyes. When you block the eye with anything your shooting with one eye. You still have an artificial view of the target and I think your depth perception is compromised.

Just my opinion,

Joe Goldberg

12. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I was not attempting to share any vast experience with anyone just making the point I am not hiding behind a computer screen.

Anytime you are in the Delaware county, PA area look me up and we can further discuss it. My e-mail is at the top. My instant messaging link with TS.com is also available.

Until I am a AA 27 yard shooter and its proper to post, you got me covered and I concede to the Magic dot over a scotch tape.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Buc; It's not a matter of being proper to post. You like anyone is/are entitled to your opinion. You just got carried away in your promotion of scotch tape in the prior "Majic Dot" thread or how you presented it. I didn't appreciate the threat you made so I continued to correct you. I hope you do get to the 27 and if I am in Delaware I will look you up to shoot a round or two. Life is to short to stay angry. Hang in there and bust some targets.

Don

14. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning magic dot

browning magic dots