1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic City TV series

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Jun 26, 2013.

1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Anyone watching this series? (if so, no spoilers please as my wife and I are watching last year's episodes). Couple things about it don't ring true at all. Takes place in Miami, 1959. I'm 66 so was a bit young to be in on a lot of adult conversation at the time but even when I was in high school the use of vulgarities (the F word primarily) was simply not done in front of women and I don't know that it would be common for any women to use that language during that time period. Of course they do in this TV series (along with every one of them having breast implants that don't even begin to look natural). So, is this revisionist history just to appease and appeal to today's young folks or did adults use that sort of language and I just missed it?

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

Hey - Dese guys are snowbirds from Joisey and NY.

Guys that grew u in the South would find their mothers stuffing soap down their mouths - and whipped by dad.