1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maghtab Shooting Range Malta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wettinger, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Hello Dear Shooters,
    I am new in this lovely forum My name is Alex called as Wettinger in these 20
    years I have been operating a Shooting Range here in this Island Malta sometimes foreigners comes here to shoot. In the period of 20 years the range have been fitted with British systems like the claytrap machine{ParkerTraps}and then
    the Microphones & the voice release unit that means the box {The Thurlaston Instrument Services}.
    The Microphones were getting old, and I have decided to change them, and decided to buy a set of 5 Microphones from BRB Systems UK&USA. One of the Microphones [Station 5] and even the box started giving me trouble after just 2 months using them, and I tought there was something that I could fix myself and carefully opened the Microphone. When I opened the Microphone I found 2 wires connected with a little bit of Black Glue, I called my Techniction when he came he found that it was cheaply made and cost my box a short circuit. I called the company (BRB Systems) and spoke to Mr Bob Bennellick, and he told me to send him the Microphone,anyway I sent it to him, he answered me that the microphone is not under warranty and he will not carry any responsability!!!

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

I assume you are using these for bunker. We also had a Thurlson system but as you are aware they are history. My suggestion is to use the RCF microphones out of Italy. These are he standard microphones supplied with Electro Preoretti systems. They are pricy but well worth it. Most of the systems are wither 8 or 16 ohms. The Canterbury Systems used here in the US are 8 Ohms and many people substitute a cheap Chinese speaker when the original systems war out. My suggest again is buy the RCF's. Do a Google search and you will find them. The model you want is HD 1110/16 O.

Tom

3. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

I agree Mr Tbaber what you told me, that what I am going to do buy RCF for this help I will said to you' Thanks'.
    I worry about the control box that was burnt by the microphone caused by a short circuit from it that I cannot rewpair it, afterall I have suffering the consequences from thier chinese toys that I bought from the name BRB Uk & Usa!!!!

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

All may not be lost. You probably have only blown a resistor but finding it will be the problem. A good electronic tech should be able to do it. I understand that Malcom of Thurlston is still alive but retired in the UK. I don't have any contact info but you may be able to find him.

Good luck.

Tom

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My Mother's family is from Qormi (my Dad's family is from Liverpool England) and I'm actually planning a trip there next year. The last time I was there was the mid 80's and things were really changing at that time. My cousin was just there and he tells me that it's really built up.

Good luck with the microphones and I will look up your club for sure!

6. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Yes Mr TBaber how can I find Malcolm of thurlaston Instrument Services You said that he is retired,what I know is they did an updating at thier Website
    and I phoned them several times and it fells as an answering machine,even an email I had been sent for them but nobody will answered me, I want to know if somebody will help me in this forum,who knows if someone took over from {Thurlaston Instrument Services}!!!

7. willing

willing Member

Would this help?

http://www.thurlaston.com/this/this.htm

8. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Indeed Mr Willing!!! it would be a help for this matter....

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have a friend in the UK that will try and track down Malcom of THS. If he is successful I will let you know. He did say there is a ground going out of business that might have some THS items for sale.

Tom

P.s. You really ought to replace your bunker electronics with Electro Progetti.

10. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Thanks my friend Mr TBaber!!!!

11. vyvyanrobert

vyvyanrobert TS Member

ITS A GOOD JOB I keep all emails, In may 2011 BRB systems in the united kingdon, was asked to supply 5x microphones to MAGHTAB Malta, these were duly sent,we were then informed they were installed and working well.
    These microphones are supplied from GERMANY, and also supplied and used in over 60 countries by the world leader in trap supplies,also used in 2011 olympic trap european championships.(SO NOT CHEAP CHINESE RUBISH AS STATED BY MR,WET WINGER),In August received email regarding one microphone, we requested it be sent to us for repair/replacement under warranty, (all are equipment carries full warranty), Upon receipt It was found to be broken into pieces with parts missing, (as MR WETWINGER stated in his posting, that he taken it apart), we informed MR WETWINGER, that in keeping with all other companies in the world he had invalidated any warranty.
    "The first we heard regarding his box burn out is in his posting here". (strange),.... we then received a threatening and abusive email from SONIA BEZZINA WETTINGER,.........., We have received 2 emails from MR.Wetwinger asking us to supply BRB voice release equipment to go with the microphones,(NO CHANCE)......... BRB SYSTEMS UK. ELECTRONIC DESIGN&DEVELOPEMENT ENGINEERS.

12. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Thanks that you answered me and what kind of engineers are you that microphones are fitted with black glue, as a windscreen sealer and you said that these are manufactured in Germany,are the serious germans using a black glue in a suppose at a weather microphones than they stop working after
    2 months,still in this business I worked at 20 years service from Thurlaston Instrument Services with their Microphones!! and what a shame company they do not take any responsabilities???

13. vyvyanrobert

vyvyanrobert TS Member

BRB IN THE UNITED KINGDOM .... HAVE JUST RECEIVED THIS OBSCENE EMAIL FROM SONIA BEZZINA WETWINGER IN MALTA ....WE HAVE EDITED THE CRUDE REMARKS WITH**
    QUOTE.... I AM NOT A SAD LITTLE MAN LIKE YOU SAID,I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS, I HAVE MADE YOU BAD NAME WITH ALL THE PEOPLE AND COMPANIES I KNOW, EVEN BRITISH COMPANIES TOLD ME YOU THAT ALL YOU HAVE IS CHEAP SH*T FROM CHINA. I AM NO HUNGRY MAN YOU MOTHER FU**ER AND GO TO HELL!!!! EVEN THE FORUM ON TRAPSHOOTER I DID BAD NAME FOR YOUR COMPANY,

14. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Bob'
    when you sell your equipment make sure you tell the customers the same thing you told me 'I,m sorry your equipment is not under guarantee, after only 2 months of service and the E315.00 that I spent that I threw in the trash and burned a control box that caused from your rubbish Toys.....Have a nice day!!
    Alex Bezzina Wettinger.

15. vyvyanrobert

vyvyanrobert TS Member

" YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY "

16. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

I am not an enemy for nobody , afterall local & foreign shooters come to shoot here in my shooting ground, you asked me that you are not going to repairing the microphone and is not under warranty after 2 months of working that you did't sent to me the serious Microphones,however I burnt the box from your toys!!!

17. bessy1

bessy1 TS Member

Please note that BRB Systems USA Co. is in no way involved with the above dispute. We are an independently owned and operated business supplying our own clay shooting related products. All of our products are manufactured and/or assembled by our own staff in the USA. Every product is supplied with a 1 year no hassle warranty. For product information please refer to www.brbsystemsusa.com
    Thank you for your continued patronage.

18. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Dear bessy1
    I would like to say thankyou for your kindly help from your site BRBsystemsUSA,
    at this moment I would like to stay with my old system (THE THURLASTON INSTRUMENT SERVICES),but in the future reference, if I deciding buy a complete release unit.
    And it is only from your origin country USA only but not from BRBsystemsUK!!!
    Best Regards Alex Bezzina Wettinger(Maghtab Shooting Range(Malta)

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

Bessina.... Be aware that what BRB USA is selling is entirely different than the Thurlaston system you have. The BRB system is for a single ATA type trap. Not a 15 trap bunker. You would be better off getting a new Electro Progretti system.

Tom

20. Wettinger

Wettinger TS Member

Hello My friend TBaber!!! I found te Electro Progetti RCF, that means Rossini Manufactured by Liano Rossini(Ancona)Italy.
    I am informed that in Italy & UK some 3 quarters from them, are installed with this system. By the end of this year my shooting ground (The voice system it will be installed by these winners italian projects by Rossini.Anyway what I need is the box & the Microphones (From Rossini) the Claytrap is (Parker traps)that I am happy with this Trap,even the manufacturer Mr Vic & Ray Parker that these persons are very kind and handsome,from here in Malta I will give them the Congratulations for their ClayTrap Machines(ParkerTraps),for these 20 years, till now they still working day & night without problems....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

maghtab shooting range

maghtab shooting range address
maghtab shooting range contact
maghtab shooting range prices
malta shooting forum
microphone for trap range
prices maghtab shooting range
who sells rcf microphones in italy used for trap shooting