1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Magazine spring on 870 Comp

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BufferBob, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

What is the purpose of a magazine spring on a 870 Comp. Do you have to have it?

2. 333t

333t Member

The spring provides tension on the plug/seal at the receiver end, where you would load a shell in a regular 870 magazine. This plug/seal prevents blow back from the gas that is directed from the gas ring into the recoil device, within the magazine. It also keeps forward pressure on the recoil piston. This spring must be present or the recoil system won't work.

Phil

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Contact Ray Grimes, his TS name is captain

4. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Happy New Year! Try Numrich gun parts. I purchased one from them recently for my 870 comp. (Brand new old stock). I think it was 11.00 and change.

If you happen to have the dimensions for the piston ring... the metal ring on the piston inside the mag tube... I would greatly appreciate those figures. Mine is quite worn and can't get an accurate diameter and thickness to get one from a hydraulic supply house. Thanks and good luck, Darryl

5. 333t

333t Member

Here is the link to the part at Numrich Arms. $11.40 plus freight.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=822390&CatID=5668&mySort=2

Phil

6. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

Thanks got it orderd. Daryl I will try to fine it for you.

7. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Hi Buffer Bob. Hope it is not a bother, but have you found the dimensions for the piston ring on the 870 comp?

Appreciate any help you may provide.

Thanks, Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.