1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Madrone Wood, Myrtle, Big Leaf Maple

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Nice looking stuff, Gordy. Was there any beer up ther? All work and no play makes Gordy a dull Boy ya know. Glad I did not have to drive back with you does not sound like fun. Happy holidays, take care. Bill

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Makes wonderful firewood, send me a few of your stocks. Thanks Ben

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It's 74 degrees in my house at this moment thanks to a load of Madrone in the wood stove. The wood sellers get 300 a cord for seasoned Madrone in Oregon. Jeff

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Gordy, I have never seen or heard of anybody using Madrone for stocks? Have you?Jeff

5. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Gordy, when I was doing custom stocks I tried Madrone as it was plentiful in our area. The only problem semed that it checked a lot. An old timer told me you had to cure it in water which sounds strange until you realize that they cured Yama Wood in salt water to stop it from checking. Anyway, good luck.
    Dan

6. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Don't want to be argumentive Gordon, but I have a Yama wood stock that is 40 years old on my 7MM Mag and no rust on the metal yet.
    Dan

7. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Gordy,

Beautiful wood, thanks for posting. Michael and Jane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.