1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Made the plunge. Bought new K80 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoggy, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Shot it today for the 1st real time other than a quick try out round yesterday before buying. Shot a 96 so feel darn good about it. Sure is a super gun. I was realy scared to spend that kind of money, but think in the long run I'm gonna be a happy camper. Bought it from Craig Greenwood of Greenwood Sporting Arms. He's great to work with if any of you are interested.

2. kreith

kreith Member

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the family. I purchased my trap special last September. I love it and wouldn't shoot anything else.

Cory

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Might have tochenge my name to K-hog. Whad'a ya think?

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Well just thought I'd let you all know I really like this K 80 TS. Second time shooting this gun was today and I shot a 99. 96 1st day 99 second day.....man what a gun. I'm so happy I bought it. feels great and points so easily with no recoil to speak of.....

5. melie

melie Guest

hoggy,

Did you have the gun fitted for you or are you shooting
    it "off the shelf" so to speak.

thanks,
    Mark

6. quattle

quattle Member

Top single or bottom single? I am thinking I would really like to have me one of them top singles.

pq

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have never owned a gun that nice.Do they bring you in and custom fit it to you?I was just wondering.And congratulations.

Darr

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Melie: Of the shelf so to speak. Bought it at the Grand but only if Stocker John could make it fit my hand. I'm a sheet metal worker for 35 years so the part of the palm under my thumbs are unusually large. He did that so it's working pretty well like that. Never realized how much a good fitting in the grip meant before. I have to send it to John to have the finish matched as he couldnt do it there. I sanded a bit on the recoil pad because the offset is just a little to much and the pad was hurting a little yeasterday. I did that last night and as you know it worked well for me today. The gun actually fit pretty close as it was though.

Darr: I guess if you wanted to get measured and wait for them to make a stock for you, you could do that too. I felt it was a close enough fit and with the stock work that was done on the spot it would work for me.

Quattle: I got the top single as I am used to that. If you lay one over the other (top single over O/U) the ribs and barrles match up the same. Therefore you get the same POI with the beads stacked the same. Very nice feature and what I was looking for.

9. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I bought mine from Rich Kaysa at RK Shooting in San Antonio because he takes the time to fit it to you. He still knows you after you carry it out the door.
    Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.