1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Made it to the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ccw1911, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Well we didn't roll into the the hotel until about 5 am this morning, didn't get to leave home until after 10pm, it was nearly an all nighter. Didn't plan on shooting today except practice so we slept in and found the Complex about 1:30. I've been to a lot of ranges, including some high speed low drag military types in my time, but this one is first class all the way and something for all ATA members to be proud of no matter where it is located.

Classification, squading, and cashiering went very smooth, probably because they weren't too busy but the people were very nice and helpful. Except I didn't have enough targets for doubles and handicap so instead of my 23.5 I get the privilege of shooting from the 25 yd line and got move to B in doubles. That's fine, I understand the reason for the rules, I should have gotten my targets in but I've had a rough summer and missed my usual opportunities to get in targets. I'll adapt, overcome, not too many opportunities to improvise though. LOL

I did get to shoot 3 practice rounds at 25 and I think I'm ok with it. Oh yeh vendors all over the place, no way I'm going to see it all but what I have is good. Got a good deal at the shell house.

The highlight today was meeting our own PerazziBigBore, he was very busy taking care of business at the Perazzi building so I didn't get to talk too long but it was nice putting a face with the the person I've been emailing and talking to on the phone. Looks like their business is going strong. Mike knows his stuff about Perazzis and is more than willing to share his knowledge with you. I was able to take care of my Perazzi with his instructions and I gave him a little help on 1911 gunsmithing but he is such a quick study he doesn't need much help. Before I forget, thanks to Mike and Dan and the crew for getting my mx2000 receiver re-blued, it looks great, just like new gold letters and all.

I'll try to get a group picture of me, Patrica, and Bullit the puppy tomorrow and let you know who the handicap and doubles go. The weather is very good, temps in the 80's and some humidity with just a little wind, could be a lot worse.

Ross, Patricia, and Bullit

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.