1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Made it To South Africa

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by timb99, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hey gang,

Made it to Johannesburg, alive and well.

As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "by embracing Mr. Bernoulli, we cheated Mr. Newton."

And the good news is, my baggage, including my trap gun seems to have all made the trip intact!

Cheers

Tim

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

So are you saying that you made the trip on a boat Tim? Or do you mean that your plane had enough lift that it didn't crash?

Anyway glad you made it and can't wait to hear some exploits of shooting in S. Africa.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Go to Kruger national park. You will love it.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

send diamonds!!

5. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I just got back from 3 weeks in South Africa. We spent two weeks at three different game parks, Cheetah Plains, King's Camp, and Great Fish River Lodge. We saw all kinds of game and I took over 1000 digital pictures. this was the first year in over 40 years that I left the Grand early. We spent the last week in the CapeTown and Stellenbosch area watching our daughter play field hockey and train with some South African players.

it is a beautiful country and the we just saw a small portion. the 18 hour flight back via SA Airlines was tough with a layover in Dakar.

Looking forward to going over again.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte, NC

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You lucky dog...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.