1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Made in USA bar codes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bernie K, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

There is a thread on here about Made in USA. For all your information you can tell if a product is made in the USA or other parts of the world by looking at the bar code on each product. As follows... the first three numbers are country made in

690-692 China

00-09 USA & Canada

30-37 France

40-44 Germany

471 Taiwan

49 Japan

50 UK

I do not know what our South of the boarder friends are. Bernie K

2. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A bar code is what ever you want it to be. There is only so much room on a bar code and their use is not universal. They are programmed to suit the needs of individual users. I see boxes that have so many bar codes on them, it's hard to decide which one to scan. Some manufactures change the codes as the product moves through production.

I would like to see all products sold in the US, "CLEARLY" marked with the country of origin. I especially despise bolt and fastener manufacturers that print on their boxes.....This product may be made in or in a combination of the following countries......USA China Russia Japan India Poland Serbia Spain Peru Guam Haiti, etc,etc,etc......you get the idea.

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Easy, stop shopping at 2 of China's largest chain stores- Wal Mart & Cabela's!

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Hate to kill your theory, but I have a Made in China camcorder sitting here w/ a bar code of 044476069505

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I have a package in my hand as I right this and printed clearly on the box it says "Made in USA" and the bar code is 382903234875. According to that country list the bar code I have. The product wasn't made on this planet.

Bob Lawless

6. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

My wife's bar code is, "It's on sale."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.