1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

made in china

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i can't believe that so many products are made in china. rocky boots, beretta clothing etc. no wonder there are no jobs in the U.S.

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

And when I was a kid, it was made in Hong Kong or Japan. Same S**t different generation. Last time I checked, there were a ton of jobs in the US in the 60's and 70's while all of that Japanese and Hong Kong crap was flooding the shelves of K-mart. Now all of a sudden China is the source of all of our problems? Yeah, that's it. Couldn't have had anything to do with the US labor unions raping the system for the past 40 years or so. Nah. $45K plus bennies a year to do a job a monkey can be taught to do. Oh, and by the way, the monkey will show up sober every day. Yeah. China is the reason there are no jobs in the US. WAKE UP! The free ride is over U.A.W.!

Jeff

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

GoldEx is right, if it wasn't for the union rapists we would still have those jobs. And we would be living in mud huts and shopping at the company store. But dammit, we would be competitive.

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Beretta clothing has become cheaper since they are being made in Macau.

What amazes me is how guilty our government is for negotiating with the enemy, yes, China is our enemy and they will soon be ready to attack us using our own money.

Berettaman7

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Goldex, You act like $45,000 is a vast fortune. I don't see how you could raise a family on much less.

I'm sure you think what you do for a living is worth much more.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Jerry P.... Engineers don't need unions. Never have. Keep that in mind.

Jeff

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some companys like CAT have gone to hiring what they call "Temps". Low salary, no benefits, lose your job anytime, no union protection. The last big strike at CAT, I believe, brought that on.

8. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Here is a little tidbit re: China manufacturing. I'm in the textile industry. Most of the 13 companies I represent have product sewn in China. In the large cities, there is virtually no unemployment. However, this has created a labor shortage of skilled workers. Company A steals employees from B; B steals from C; and on and on. Many large contractors in China have been on strike for up to 10 months, now, because they refuse to pay to going rate for skilled labor. Without a work force, they subcontract their assembly to the interior cities with very few skilled workers. Sub-par to lousey product is now flowing out of China in mass. It's a real problem here in the USA. Cheap prices used to be an advantage. Now it's a nightmare, as orders submitted to companies here in the States are showing up late or not at all. One of the morning talk shows highlited this problem earlier in the week. Made in the USA is now a big deal with consumers. But not much is made here. Not sure where this is going, but one thing is for sure, China is losing it's hold on the international marketplace for cheap, well made goods. What can anyone produce when you are on strike?

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I know an "engineer" that's been in China since Feb of this year. He is helping a plant set up production of wiring harnesses to compete with American jobs. Should hang him for treason!!! But that's typical of the more "educated" type, "I'm getting mine at the expense of the rest of them."

GoldEx... I worked in R&D in a large manufacturing plant and I've seen some pretty stupid engineers. Also one of the biggest lot of alcoholics ever. One of them got so drunk on nite they took his keys away but as he was walking home he fell over a motorcycle in someones yard and passed out. Some one driving by called the ambulance and they took him to the hospital before they found out what was going on. So how many years of collage does it take to learn how to drink properly? Out of the 8 I worked with all were divorced, 3 had been chargeed with domestic violance, all 8 have had at least 1 DUI most with multiple charges and the list could go on. So not only monkeys can wear suits but I'd sure that their personality would be an improvemnt.

The world is a two way street, learn how to look both ways!!!

Bill

10. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

i remember when the worst thing in the world were the red chinese.

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Likes to shoot -

The difference between a drunk engineer and a drunk auto worker..... You can shit can the drunk engineer and get one who does the job right. As far as domestic violence, divorce etc., what the heck does that have to do with anythbing???? You just described half of the men in america.

Jeff

12. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

If you look at actual numbers, we don't import that much stuff overall into teh US as a percentage of total GDP. Total imports are something like 10% of GDP and Chinese imports are only about a quarter of that.

GoldEx is right. Whe I was a little kid all my toys were cheap crap made in Japan. They probably had lead paint. Then they came from Taiwan when Japan got too expensive. Now China. Thew game is the same but the players change.

Waht China is doing is killing Mexico. Remember Ross Perot's giant sucking sound? He was concerned that jobs were going to Mexico.

13. uawelder

uawelder TS Member

Hey you idiot union labor bashers, I guess you were to drunk to remember your american history in school. If you are going to enjoy this weekend trap shooting why dont you go and say thanks to Organized Labor because we are the ones who fought and died for that priveledge that you all enjoy now. Read the some history on the american labor movement, just to try and prove me wrong. That is if you have time between drinking and beating on your wife.

Lee

14. uawelder

uawelder TS Member

yea you got me there. 1980 the class with grass. english was right after lunch.

Lee

15. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Tariff's and Corporate Taxes don't correct an economy, they work against it, look at Smoot-Hawley and FDR for the proof. It took 10 years to end FDR's recession, and another 35 years for the grandchildren to pay for it. The consumer pays ALL the costs of goods sold. The only way to regulate competitive goods is to completely ban products that use repulsive practices. Even then, it's an iffy thing.

Our economic whoas are being caused by the personal greed and avarice of everyone, and anyone that finds themselves in a position to get something for nothing, and takes it. That includes management, labor, welfare, politicians and prog's alike. It's time that someone in a position of leadership stands up and reminds us all the it should be The Nation first. The question is, who will listen? Joseph Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, John Rockefeller, Carnegie and Mellon, Bill Clinton, Hillary, John Edwards, John Kerry, Randy Cunningham, and Barack Obama didn't. Quite a vacuum.

IMHO,
    Kip

16. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

If everyone would just not buy products made in China, then the greedy bastard American Companies that sent all the jobs over there would go bust....which they deserve.They love profit at the expense of their "fellow Americans". Screw 'em....just check before you buy and if it says "made in China"...don't buy it! Of course that means we wouldn't be able to buy ANYTHING but, what the hell,....we'll show 'em!

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Don't forget that the monkey driving the Cocoa Puffs train is an engineer too!

18. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

The "greedy bastard American Companies" are probably the ones you have your 401K money invested with. If they didn't make a profit you'd sell them off in a heart beat............because you want a good return on your investment.

hubcap

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Hubcap.....You're right, of course! I get excited......got carried away! Keep buying Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. nicky

nicky Member

Earl, being in local government I saw stats that showed if a large company laid off workers in the U.S., then that same company hired workers in China the unemployment numbers showed lower than they really were. If the company is a U.S. company then the China employees show up on the national employement numbers. Just another lie. Also while in Carilse P.A. last year at the military war college I was told that China has hundreds of officers studying economic warfare, looks like they are winning. If this is true why are we as a country allowing this to happen ? Some say China needs us as much as we need them, I'm not so sure. I say it's time to bring back sovereignty. Just remember people every time you buy something that has "made in China" on it you just made a donation to the china war machine. I know it's hard not to but we do need to try to buy "made in U.S.A.". ,Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.