1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MADE IN AMERICA!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bucko43, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

WOW! We all need to take a look when we go into Home Depot or Lowes or hire a contractor. Lets demand made in America!

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_id/5590821

2. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Couldn't open link. What was problem with Lowes and HD?

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It would be great if more Americans supported their fellow workers

But the made in American label can be misleading, I worked at the Bureau of Engraving for a while, and one time we needed to replace a water meter, the engineers specified a Yokagawa, made in Japan, so the solution was to disassemble the meter and reassemble it, and that magically made it Made in America

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

BIGBADBOB,

Copy and paste the link into your browser and watch the news article. It's about contractors building homes using nothing but products made in the USA. It costs about 5% more, but it will put many more Americans to work.

5. copper

copper Member

I went to tractors supply and noticed most products were US We need to take notice 5% is very little to help your own .

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Is tyhe quality of the merchandise part of the equation? HMB

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

cop, you didn't look very hard because most things in Tractor Supply are made in China just like every other store.

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Went to H.D. yesterday to buy a set of wood chisels for our son's Christmas present, 2 or 3 different brands of crapeneese and only 1 brand made in USA-- you ready for a shock??? The USA brand was kinda off to the side where you wouldn't see it 1st. BUT was $2.00 cheaper & guaranteed for life. I'll bet you don't have to guess which one I bought. Also guess maybe I should have looked in Lowes or Ace hardware. Sure makes you proud of the business' we have doesn't it?? Ross Puls

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Time for some personal sacrifice. Buy American when ever you can afford to. I'll pay a penny or two more for gas from a locally owned station. Time for the unions to realize that the Democrats and environmentalists are stopping millions of jobs. strange but the best friend the unions have is the Conservatives that want business expansion.

Here's a big clue to the union brotherhood. The Banks got the bailout! Banks are not union shops. The Dems have sold out almost all labor. Unless your in a government or education union the democrats and unnecessary environmental regs are costing all of the US jobs.
    Joe

10. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

That's not entirely true. The auto workers union received a VERY nice payout unde the first round of bailouts. Although I completely agree that conservatives want growth here, I just thought it should be brought up. Also, buying American is something we should be doing regardless of cost. The Chineseand Japanese couldn't care less about our families.

Chris

11. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Great concept, it's just very sad to think it took our country being almost completely dismantled for people to see it. I sure hope it changes. I would like to se my grandkids live a prosperous life. Thans and Merry Christams to all, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.