1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Made a "Short Perazzi Rib" today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

This morning I machined a short rib for a 30" Step rib Perazzi barrel.. It's 5/8" high.. and tapered to match the factory barrel.. As a proto type.. It will be blackened with a Marksalot.. A light high Viz sight will be installed.. and black silicon will be used to attach it to the barrel.. for easy removal if needed..

Nov. 3rd I'm seeing mt eye doctor in hopes of getting back into the game..

Any thoughts would always be appreciated.. I have a wandering unclear spot on the mid to top right eye.. My shooting eye.. as I am a one eyed shooter.. It comes and goes.. as do my floaters.. I've been shooting into the blind spot.. then looking for either a target still in the air.. That's been causing me to pick my head up.. BAD..

Anyway.. I'll keep you posted.. All Good.. Mike

2. James.c

James.c Member

hope the eye doctor can help. best of luck and great idea with the ribs.

James.C

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I was looking for a short rib also--yummmmmmSJB---

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Must be dinner time! Trapshooters other pastime.

5. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

Good luck with that rib. I hope it gets you back in the game.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Man.. with no gall bladder.. I can only dream of short ribs.. I fixed the title of the thread.. I see where ones minds are at today.. My weight is holding at 171.. so I think spinach salad.. fresh greens.. and if I'm really good.. pickled beets.. A really ugly woman could tie a pork chop around her neck and I'd follow.. especially if it were breaded .. All Good.. Mike

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Made a

Mike
    How about some pictures. Good luck with your eyes.

Ed Yanchok

8. 20yard

20yard TS Member

Made a

Ok now get out the dremel tool and make the gloove fit stock! hope you get good news from the Dr. enjoy shooting the rib let us know the result

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

OK.. Here's the rib.. not black yet.. or sight installed.. but you'll get the idea.. Sight picture looks pretty good to me.. but I've not shot this yet.. I like the way..the rear of the sight draws your vision to look down the barrel.. As long as I have an adjustable comb.. I don't see a need for an adjustable rib.. If I do.. I'll just cut the rib to what I need.. and keep it simple.. All Good.. Mike

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

Maybe I'll splurge on some flat black epoxy paint..

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Made a

No gall bladder and can't eat ribs?????????????????

I haven't had my gall bladder since 1967 ... and I eat all the ribs and chops that I want!

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Made a

If the theory works out, waterjet one in delrin, half the weight, and no need to paint... I have the same tape dennis uses for his add-on ribs, and plenty of it, let me know if i can help.

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

Don't have a water jet..

14. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Made a

Mike,

I'm sure you're familiar with the short high ribs that became a hot item in International shooting. Yours should work well.

As per your eye, I expect that you'll be able to get good vision. I shot for many years, rile and shotgun, with 20/200 vision and had radical surgery on both eyes about 8 years ago. My lenses were removed and replaced with implants, corneas modified with surgery and then two lasiks. Results were 20/25 and i carry a 96 average at 16 yds. (79 years old). Go for whatever is necessary.

Hank Cross

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Made a

O.K. Here's a suggestion. Blackening the rib with Marksalot ( I used a broad point permanent Sharpie} will not prevent a reflection of the Hi-Viz sight off the rib, giving you an image of two front sights stacked on top of each other.
    There is a tape called Gorilla Tape. It is a very strong black tape with sort of a dimpled surface. It also has a very strong adhesive. Technically it's duct tape, but don't tell anybody. Attach a strip to the top of the rib and overlap the rib down to the lightening slots. It will give you a very nice looking non-reflective rib.

I did this to my gun and everyone thinks it's a $375 Devault rib. I will email a picture of my rib if you want.

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

Hank.. other than age.. I'm fighting the sac in my eye pulling away from the back at times making a hazzy spot I can't see thru.. I've yet to find a Doctor who says they can do something to help me with that.. Maybe the new Doctor I'm going to has some insight.. My problem is.. it's a on and off problem.. I never know when it's going to raise its ugly head.. or when its going to leave.. Hope all is well by you.. All Good.. Mike

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

Where do you get that tape??? Might save me from cross filing the rib in the future.. Thanks for the pointer.. All Good.. Mike

18. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Made a

Mike,
    The tape is available everywhere. I actually picked it up at the supermarket.
    It comes in different sizes so get the smallest roll. You'll need a single edge razor blade or sharp X-acto knife. If you decide to try it PM me and I'll give you a few hints that make it easier to apply.
    Dick

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Made a

I'm going to Home Depot tonight to get some black silicon and flat black epoxy spray paint..so.. if I can find it.. I'll buy it.. I realize it's just a prototype.. but I want to give it the best chance I can.. A factory short rib is out of the question for now.. Soooooooo.. I'll do the next best thing.. Thanks for the help.. I have a pile of single edge razors I use for fine cutting.. Guess that would be OK for trimming..

All Good.. Mike

20. Fr. Bru

Fr. Bru TS Member

Made a

Mike, are you going to the range on Saturday? If you are I we might meet up.
    Fr. Bru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.