1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small jet

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by OLD ONE EYE, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Madame Pelosi wasn

Got this in a e mail I hope it isn't true

Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small private jet that comes with the Speaker's job, no, Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat 200 seat jet that could get her back to California without stopping! She is the first Speaker of the House to EVER in the history of our
    country have a jet of this type to use! Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed everyone that's Nancy 's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American tax payers, thousands of gallons of fuel every week. Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California , cost to the taxpayers of about $60,000, one way! As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday night.' Cost to us another $60,000. Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the taxpayers of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war, it might cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours. I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman, who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in
    the history of this country, keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing. Madame Pelosi wants you and I to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires. These people are nuts, if you agree pass this on, if not don't cry fowl when you can't afford to fill your hybrid..

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

This is NOT a "do nothing Congress" and Pelosi is NOT a "do-nothing Speaker". I only wish that were true. Instead she and her Democrat cronies have spent us and our children into bankruptcy. They have corrupted everything they have touched so far and they are only just getting started.

Sadly, they are now talking about military wounded paying for their own health care while she is free to jet across the country because of their sacrifices for our freedom and safety. She is a disgrace and there is nothing too vile to call her.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

nazi pelosi,,,,read this!!!

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

MGM,,if that commie bit@@ wants that job she should move to DC,,,END OF STORY,,

she ain't worth 1 gallon of jet fuel,,,,

5. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

there is some truth in this, it is not all urban legend. I'm sure the Military Pilots gag everytime she gets on the plane.

From About.com\urbanlegends

"The nugget of truth in this story is that when Nancy Pelosi took office as Speaker of the House in 2007, a request was sent to the Department of Defense on her behalf for a military transport plane with the fuel capacity to fly nonstop from Washington, D.C. to Pelosi's home district in California under all weather conditions. The reason cited for the request, in which House sergeant-at-arms Bill Livingood took part, was security."

6. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

A G5 seats 14 (+/-) it rents for about $8,600/hour or $10,200/day..
    you make the call (knowing how the GAO figures cost, not counting USAF ground support and the extra), CALL IT

You got the MADAME right............Grubby

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Again, the arrogance by this person. Let's all email her to oppose it. She can be contacted at www.speaker.gov (once you're in the website, at the lower bottom click on Contact Us.) You'll need to put your email address in and type her a message. I believe in contacting these type of people and let them know in a respectful (practice some restraint) manner that you disapprove. Remember, as it was once said, "Evil persists when good men (and women) do nothing". Just think if everybody reading this blog would email her, maybe it would make a difference, or at least, it's a start. Tell her that it is arrogant and fails to be a good example during this recession. BT-100dc

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

friggin' commie skank!!

9. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Why do me need to supply a plane to any of these twits in Congress. If they want to go home let them buy an airplane ticket like everyone else. No one is forcing then to serve in Congress...Bill

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to stop in "fly over" country either, if I was her. I've never heard a nice word said about her here in the good ole Midwest.

11. shrek

shrek Active Member

Seems to me that several of the elected officials found it unacceptable for the heads of the auto makers to have traveled to DC in their private jets, and in fact it was wasteful.

Also so seems to me the elected officials should "walk the talk" too.....

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Important politicians should have an appropriate taxpayer funded personal transportation furnished for them.<br>
    <br>
    So I have no problem with Nancy Pelosi taking taxpayer paid trips in a garbage scow.

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's wrong with commuting on her broomstick?

14. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Give her a prius, right up the.........................where it belongs.

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

No Make her fly Military, Stand by or let her pay her self. I will say if it's an emergency or official business they could charter a plane. This is absurd every one else who has had the job moved to DC why is she so special?

I for one am thrilled with the new administration. There wasting more money than ever. Spending it like a drunken sailor. (I'm sorry the sailor would be more responsible at least he would be contributing to the economy and buying something useful.)

The only bright side is if we survive the next 2 years they may not be electable in the next election.

Just my opinion.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Marie Antoinette, you know. (Let them eat cake.)

She figures, and rightly so, that she has the power. If you look at the 2 ahead of her she might be right.

If the Mulatto and the idiot were to vanish from the Earth, she would be our President.

Ooog....there goes my breakfast!

HM

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/?action=view&current=01011101020401020920070324e649dfb0f.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

18. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

bill1949, You hit the nail right on the head!!!

John

19. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

If I were flying the plane, I would wait to let her get up and go to the head and while she was walking down the aisle, I would say something about "a little bumpy air" and the do a couple of barrel rolls. I live in California and wish they would keep her in DC. Remember, she is only two heart beats from the presidency. Scary,

Mike

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Obama must be smart he has made sure he's safe with his appointments. Any successors in line are actually worse than he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.