1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Macon Gunstocks????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

I am considering buying a machine inlet blank. Has anyone had any dealing with them. Prices seem good, they can do the Wenig New American Style for Perazzi. If you have dealt with them what did you think??? Thanks

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm not up on everything here.

What is a Wenig New American Style for a Perazzi?

Okay, I went to the Wenig site and read about it.

You can too if you go to the URL posted above in my post.

Hauxfan!

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Macon has had some good and plenty of bad ink on this site....do a search cand then decide...

4. 4 be

4 be Member

Bryce I made the mistake of dealing with them. On April 1, I sent in a pattern stock and fancy grade blank of myrtlewood to be duplicated. I was given an estimate of 4/6 weeks for the project. This was a couple of days after Ed Haley (well respected gunsmith/stockfitter)had cited a very negative experience with the firm. When they did not deliver as promised I made several follow-ups. I was lied to, had the problem blamed on an employee that didn't exist, and was treated very rudely. First they blamed the non-existent employee for misplacing my blank. Then they said they found it and the work would be arriving within a week. On June 14 I received a package with my pattern stock and a two piece blank that was not my wood. At best I would rate it as firewood. It had absolutely no grain or figure. I subseguently sent in photos of my blank by registered letter. They responded after the second registered letter. I was told by Vicki (Bryan's wife) that she was very sorry and that they had since found my blank and would be sending it. Several days later I received a telephone call from Bryan. Bryan told me that my blank was defective and broke while being machined and that in the interest of customer relations he had replaced it with an item out of stock. I told him I didn't believe him and if the blank was defective; why didn't he return it. I further stated any reputable dealer would replace a defective blank; which was situation in my case. Stick with Wenig or any other known reputable firm. Jerry Callaway

5. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will stick with Wenig.

6. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

You are making a wise decision picking Wenigs over Macons. I had them do a stock with an adjustable comb and a forearm for me that included fitting the wood to the gun, checkering it, and finishing it. The adjustable comb was cut at an angle to the stock and when in the lowest position the adjustable comb does not mesh well with the stock. I paid for the deluxe oil finish and if that is the deluxe job, I would hate to see the cheap one. The wood to metal fit was good, however they left more wood sticking out beyond the metal than I liked. The checkering job was satisfactory. I personally would never do any business of any type with them again. Craig Vaughn

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While I have only puchased a few stocks from Wenig.. I was more than satisfied with their work.. They have however cut alot of my wood for Perazzi,Remington 870.. and Bill Cole shotguns.. All came out excellent..with just enough wood left for a percise fit.. without working me to death.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
content
macon gun stocks

macon gunstocks