1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Macon Gun Stock Company???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Was looking at their stocks on gunbroker and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. Thanks, Gne J

2. Mpedersen

Mpedersen TS Member

One of my friends ordered two sets of model 12 wood from them recently. He and I were unimpressed with the quality of the wood and the machine inletting. There was a lot! of work left to inlet the stock and finish shaping. I've noticed their prices going up a lot over the last few months. A browning stock I was looking at went up about $200 in one shot.

Mark Pedersen

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

may be better off with a company with a known reputation such as Wenig. Their machine inletted DIY stocks are $55 for pump/semi auto and $85 for over/under in std grade wood.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys... Just had Donnie Gimes at Show Me Gunstocks (660-438-4568) do a Stock for one of my Perazzi's. He duplicated a pattern stock and inletted and finished it for a great price on time. Considering doing another.

I considered Macon but they did not do the inletting. Glad I went with donnie.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.