1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Macom gunstocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Anyone ever deal with them? And how satisfied were you? Jim

2. ABH

ABH Member

I have herd of them and lots of bad press to go with it.

ART H.

3. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

Are you referring to Macon Guntocks in Missouri? If you are, this was my expierence with them. Did not complete the stock and forearm within the time they stated they would, but they had some wonderful stories about why they were running behind and they had a lot of them too because each time I called I would get a different one. The checkering was very good as was the metal to wood fit. I also had them do an adjustable comb and they made a crooked cut on the stock and if I have the comb down against the stock the fit is terrible, but since I keep the comb raised it is not too noticeable. I paid for the deluxe hand rubbed oil finish and it was terrible. They did not properly prepare the stock before they applied the finish and it was full of very visable pin holes. I had to refinish the stock myself. I would never have them do another stock for me. Craig

4. 5141

5141 Member

Run ,don't walk away,as quick as you can....President Obamma is more likely to be truthful with you than that Husband and Wife pair......

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Uh Huh. Not a positive experience here either.

6. 4 be

4 be Member

I second what 5141 said. I got ripped off for a high grade myrtlewood blank. What they sent back after over four months was a low grade piece of firewood. It didn't even come close to the pattern they were supposed to copy. I just sent Wenig another job. Stick with Wenig you won't be disappointed. Jerry Callaway

7. 4130

4130 TS Member

I bought a bt 99 stock set and the draw bolt was not installed called them and returned set they fixed problem and return stock's back i would do business again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

macom gun stocks