1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale Machined Aluminum EZ-FILL Base for P/W Loader

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeeljc, Jan 20, 2013.

1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jims base will take your PW loader to the next level

4. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

0   0   0

Jim, I just set my 800+ up. Bought it used but the machine is like new. I noticed that the bushing access holes on the plastic base offsets just enough that you can not remove the bushings. Is this somewhat normal for the plastic bases? I see you alum bases may correct that issue. If yours fixes that problem I would be interested in one. Dale

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dale,

On my 800+, I just pull the tooth bar that drives the shot and powder cogs forward and that brings the bushings forward more for removal. It sounds like Jim repositioned them to accomodate the tooth bar not rolling the shot and powder bushings far enough forward.

I don't have Jim's aluminum base and I can tell you that the plastic PW base will allow powders like PB and 7625 to leak a little. Looks like some one sprinkled a little pepper around your loader and on the bench. If I ultimately decide to keep my 800+ along with the used Patriot I just got, I will probably spring for an aluminum base.

John E.

6. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Some play can develop between the upper actuating arm and the lower actuating arm. This play reduces the travel of the rack. If you take hold of the rack when the operating handle is down and pull it out you will rotate the gears to their maximum position. Then you will be able to remove the bushings. The index marks on the gears and the rack MUST be aligned correctly.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

7. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys, the above worked. But I am going to buy one of Jim's alum bases anyway. Something about the plastic I just don't like.

8. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

0   0   0

Jim, installed mine. Nice product.

9. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

0   0   0

Sent you a PM and e-mail...

10. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

0   0   0

I got mine today...GREAT QUALITY!!! Now I just need to get the the press working, but the this part is dialed in...Highly recommend!!!

11. dajkzo

dajkzo TS Member

0   0   0

Just received a complete setup with the base/hoppers. I'm very pleased with the design and quality of the product. Jim was excellent to deal with!!

12. globe fish

globe fish Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

13. globe fish

globe fish Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

would like to order one don't know how to P.M. my email is 1099fl@gmail.com ,phone is 928-701-1403, thnk's Fred.

14. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

0   0   0

Jim:
    Do you have the "primer Ram" I think it's called. It's the part that shoves the 209 primer into the base for priming. It's about 2.5" long, 1/4" square & has a hook end to move the primer with. Wayne Downham

15. Game Warden

Game Warden Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Just got the whole shooting kaboodle in an 800 plus PW unit for all 4 gauges with Jim's addon's. Jim and PW have been great to work with and all came through exceeding expectations. Have only used 12 gauge setup so far, but the loader works flawlessly and makes some great shells.

And best of all my objective of reducing press space on my bench has been achieved; no more switching between different style presses to get my reloading done. Jim - thanks!
    Leonard (AKA Game Warden)

16. dss8110

dss8110 Member

0   0   0

This is the best product I have bought foe my 800 plus.It lots me use real fine powder with out gumming up.It throws even amounts.thank you Jim

17. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

To the Top

18. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

0   0   0

Jim I assume your base will fit the PW Platinum 2000 reloader?
    Also is ebay the best way to order aluminum plate or would you prefer another avenue?
    Thanks Amigo,
    Art