1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mach 1 guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chikeneyes, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

there are three of these for sale they are spendy guns are they any good or is it just the economy

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

They are great guns, it was a Mach one that Harlan used on his way to becoming a super star.

Phil Berkowitz

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

They Are GREAT Guns And I Can Not Believe Some One Has NOT Bought The Beauty That Rich Strickland (gyrene) Has On Here For 5600.00 WoW What A Deal !!!!! Joe W.

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Hey Phil, thanks for the moral support. This gun is going back to Dennis DeVault next week for consignment if someone doesn't jump on it soon. It is a great gun but I have gone back to my Italian roots and am thinning the herd. Rich Strickland, gyrine

5. rrose

rrose TS Member

I think every one that has had one will agree they are great guns build to last several lifetimes, but another reason they are great is because of the way Dennis stands behind the guns and works very hard to make sure who ever owns it will be happy with it and that means not just the original owner.
    He is very approachable to answer questions about the guns and will work to make sure the guns are set up to fit you and perform as well as they can. The rest is up to the shooter to point the gun in the right spot.

randy

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Mach Ones seem to sell better on the West coast than the East coast for some reason.

I personally liked the Infinity far better than a Mach One but they are no longer made as well as the Mach One any more I have been told.

Devault Industries doesn't seem to stay with a product very long, are now more interested in Stock Making, which is a good business.

GB
    DLS

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Fstest triggers on the market and great wood! Fred #83

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Lifetime support for his product is "staying with it" in a big way. Dennis will be back shortly with a new gun. His saga has been stated here many times. When his Combo is ready I hope to be in position to accquire one. Jake

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

DLS,,,,you trying to stir the pot or you have something to say???? j2jake or I would be happy to enlighten if you ARE unaware....

10. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I'm calling B.S! Those of you that have those guns need to pony up and be truthful! Will your gun fire any major brand of ammo without misfiring? Who can service your gun? What is the timeline on the last time you sent it in for repairs? There are things the prospective buyer should be made aware of.

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Twinbirds I am thinking of buying one so please if you have any firsthand knowledge of a real issue with the guns or Mr. Devault post it instead of innuendos.

Thanks

--- Chip King ---

12. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

"Devault Industries doesn't seem to stay with a product very long"

He is refining his product. It wouldn't make business sense for a small company to continue producing the Mach 1 while moving to an improved version. Looking forward to the next installment. I think the Mach 1 is the sharpest looking trap gun ever, simply spiffy. I don't like the porting though. Which Mach 1's are unported?

13. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

What I'm wondering is why everyone with one is being so quiet? Doesn't the silence tell you anything? they have a cult like following, people would rather let you buy one, and find out for yourself, before telling you the truth. I asked the earlier questions for a reason, and they go unanswered for a reason.

14. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

refining a product, must of had some little glitch then like......

15. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have had mine for about 5 years, non ported and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. It has been my #1 gun for the last 4 years. My 68 year old talent does not rate it. I have gone to a MX-15 simply because I have a soft place in my heart for Perazzi's. Doesn't make good sense but I'm in the game for fun and the BS. I can shoot whatever I want and right now I want to shoot my MX-15 and my tricked out Berreta 391. I'll ask you this have you ever gone to a shoot and had people taking pictures of your gun in the rack? I have. gyrine

16. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I think that no one on this site wants to be critical of anything that Dennis makes because of the loyal following he has on here. I've seen on several occasions where a person gives an opinion about a Devault product only to be torn apart. Everyone's entitled to their opinion even if it's not the one you want to hear.

17. Go Illini

Go Illini TS Member

Have had mine 6 yrs. fires any shell you put in it. Built like a tank. Took me to the 27. Dennis will stand behind his product. KT

18. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Twinbirds... You are full of the proverbial 'chicken s--t' The gun will fire anything, firing pins and springs NEVER break, tolerances are very tight [I can not fire the cheap Winchester promo loads as the base exapnds and will not extract], other gunsmiths can work on the gun [developed a small burr on the extractor pin and gun smith buffed it out in 30 seconds], ordered new part and got it in 2 days. Gun repair is immediate [sometimes free - some times $'s]... but always personal and FAST! The only draw back to the Mach One is that it weighs 10.5 lbs., but well balanced and NO felt recoil. My No. 83 will be part of my family for as long as they want it and I can shoot it. Shot more 100's with it than any other gun I own. Fred

19. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

DeVault's guns were high-spec close-tolerance materiel and engineering marvels - they were FAR better than they needed to be, frankly.

His 2ms trigger caused some problems ... but the problem was not the trigger, it was the with shooters and learning a new rhythm.

He used $pecial $teel$ for his tubes, and they were deep-bored in a NASA-grade shop to 10-thousandths tolerances - nice, but not 'needed' for a shotgun.

He used adhesives rather than solder ... excellent, but not 'traditional'

He built, essentially, a bespoke-quality gun for a fickle & fashionable sport which does not reward them.

If anybody has ever had a breakdown, or has had extraction problems shooting Dove & Quail shells, it his been well-hidden. That is pretty much, of course, what you expect with any of the semi-custom SBT: Alferman, Seitz, Bowen, Ljutic ... all are mechanically overbuilt, robust and simple.

Bob

20. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Twinbirds,
    I cannot help but think you are jealous and are just wishing that you had a custom fitted trapgun.

garywaalkes_2008_030312.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bowen trap gun any good

dennis devault mach one review

mach 1 double shot gun made in prague

mach 1 shoot gun sale

mach 1 trap gun reviews

mach 1 trap shotgun

mach one shotgun

mach one trap gun for sale