1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MacBookPros laptop computers are TOUGH!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Just completed repairs on a MacBookPro computer that was dropped on the pavement in a street and then run over by a truck!

The only damage was the hard drive had to be replaced! I let the tire track on the corner of the top lid and the scrapped aluminum on that corner where the truck bounced it on the pavement. The old hard drive rattled like a baby's rattle when I pulled it out but after seeing the thing powered up and would boot properly from an external drive, I figured I would replace the internal drive and see what happens. By God it worked just fine! This is a computer that is about four years old and the warranty, which wouldn't have covered it anyway, was expired.

I can't guaranty that the same might happen to you if you drop a MacBookPro but I sure as heck was impressed!

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MacBook is tough.

My daughter's 3 year old MacBook Air dropped from the top of the hard wood stair with the lid open, tumbled down 14 steps and it's connector at left hinge was affected by the impact, the screen will lose part of the color once in awhile, kind of annoying, but it still works fine otherwise.

It got dropped several times before that too.

Got it fixed under extended warranty with a whole bunch of upgrades and preventative maintenance, free of charge. Great service on a great product.

I'm on a new MacBook Air now, love the Lion system.

3. kenpo11cincy

kenpo11cincy TS Member

I have a macbook pro and absolutely love it. I have been a hardcore windows user for 20 years. I will never buy another windows product again. Lion OS is great and I have ZERO bugs unlike the crap microsoft forces on us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.